Carso Panoramic Tour
- Explore the shore and countryside around the city of Trieste admire breathtaking views from the best panoramic spots
- Live a journey along the Prosecco history path
- Taste local food and wine in a traditional 'Osmiza'
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
- Feel on cloud 9 with a bird's-eye view of the sights
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- Feel the thrill of seeing wildlife up close
- Flexible departure points - let the tour come to you
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Make your friends back home envious with great photo ops
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
- Meet the local producers and learn about their products
This panoramic tour will take you to discover the shores and countryside around the city of Trieste in the Carso area, taking you to the best panoramic points, while visiting old villages and tasting local delicacies from traditional farmhouses and wines from the region.
The day will start with a pick-up from your accommodation (within the province of Trieste) and a scenic drive up the panoramic 'Strada del Friuli' until you will reach the old village of Contovello. There you will stop for a visit to its narrow streets and hidden corners and a short walk down the ancient terraced vineyards where Prosecco wine was born centuries ago.
The second stop will be a 'secret' sightseeing point, a stone tower hidden in the woods you will climb to admire the whole Gulf of Trieste and the Karst plateau running from the Adriatic Sea till the Alps.
Arriving above Sistiana Bay it will be time to take a walk on the Rilke trail running right at the edge of the shore. Here you'll be able to admire some of the best views the region has to offer as well as visiting some war stations and the wonderful Castle of Duino till reaching the tin but beautiful harbor of Duino.
The last step of the tour is a traditional 'Osmiza', local farmhouses selling homemade products as ham, salami, cheese, eggs and wine where you can rest and relax while tasting authentic local products in a unique environment, the perfect lunch to end the day.
At the end of the tour, you'll be returned to your accommodation or to a different drop off point within the Province of Trieste.
- Walking tour of the old village of Contovello
- Visit at the ancient terraced vineyards where Prosecco wine originated
- Secret sightseeing in the middle of the woods
- Walk on the Rilke trail near the Castle of Duino
- Lunch at a traditional 'Osmiza' with wine
- Pick-up within the province of Trieste
- From Friday to Sunday
- Pick-up at 9.30am
Prosecco Origins will take you back in time to the XIV century to discover the history of world’s fa...
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Trieste. This ...
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Trieste from a...
In 1985, Mont'Albano was born in the heart of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region as a part of the Maur...
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
In 1869, the French Count Theodore La Tour and the Austrian Coutness Elvine Ritter von Zahony, gave ...
Avoid the stress of planning, waiting in long taxi queues and haggling for prices at the train stati...
The StoryThe Alberti family has a long entrepreneurial tradition that begins around 1700 with farmin...
Arrivate da ospiti e partite da amici!L'esperienza inizierà con uno visita alla tenuta che ci porter...
The Zoff Farm was born from the Zoff Family's love of nature and animals. Since 2016, the business h...