Arctic Fjords road trip
- Experience the fjords of arctic Norway
- Chances to see a variety of wildlife
- Pictures of you and the incredible landscape
Discover scenic landscapes, impressive fjords and Arctic wildlife. Join a day trip to discover Tromsø’s beautiful surroundings in our modern and comfortable minibus, perfect for nature sightseeing. From lush green landscapes in summer, to colorful trees and sunsets in autumn, to snow-capped mountains and frozen beaches in winter, Northern Norway’s nature offers stunning landscapes that will will leave you speechless.
After picking you up at our shop at Storgata 64, we leave Tromsø behind us and visit Kvaløya (“Whale Island”), where we visit some of the most beautiful landmarks that make Tromsø one of Norway’s most popular destinations. We often see reindeer and elk crossing the road, sometimes we can spot sea eagles and seals hunting for fish. From mid October to late January whales visit Tromsø’s fjords to feed on herring. During that time there is a good chance we will spot humpback whales and orcas from the shore. We have a light lunch and hot drinks around a campfire.
Throughout the trip we will take stunning photographs of the landscape and you that we will share with you after the trip. We have warm clothing on board, in case you get cold, but please wear something wind and rain proof.
- Guide and driver
- Pictures of the trip
- Light lunch and hot drinks
- Winter suit and boots
- Free WiFi on board
- Hotel pick-up
- Child (0-3): free of charge
Størgata 64, 9008, Tromsø
The Arctic Fjords Road Trip departs from the Chasing Lights shop in the city centre, across from the Domkirke.
- You will return early enough to join our Northern Lights chase in the evening
- This trip requires a minimum of 8 participants. If there are less than 8 participants, the trip will have to be cancelled, and a full refund will be provided.
- One toilet stop is usually included, but sometimes we have to use the “nature toilet“.
- This trip starts early. Unfortunately, we cannot provide refunds if you decide to not join us last-minute, for example because you’re tired.
- As long as conditions are safe, we take this trip in any weather. Possible rain and snow are part of an authentic Norwegian experience. Please dress appropriately
- Full refund for cancellations up to 72 hours before tour begins
- Departing at 09:00am and meeting time 08:45am
- The tour lasts around 6 hours
- Departure from the Chasing Lights shop in the city centre
- Return: Hotel drop-off (see list of eligible hotels here)
Join this small group Northern Lights chase to maximise your chances of witnessing Earth's most magn...
Join us on an amazing Snowmobile Adventure that will lead us from Tromsø all the way to Finnish Lapl...
Join this exciting bus tour to chase the magnificent Northern Lights. The tour is conducted in a spa...
The Arctic is such a magical place, offering special moments through and around the fjords during th...
Starting from the Tromso city center, travel through the Fjordlands, Laplands or the outer islands o...
Enjoy this fun adrenaline filled tour while explaining Tromsø’s history and sightseeing along the wa...
There is so much life in the fjords in the winter time where seabirds, eagles, seals, and schools of...
This Northern Lights Sailing Experience is a 3-hour excursion that gives you the opportunity to see ...
Choose the optimal way to maximize your chances of seeing the Northern Lights during our comfortable...
Once you are picked up from the meeting point in the city center, you'll begin your 25-minute journe...