- Visit the 3-country-border of Norway, Finland and Sweden
- Race over frozen lakes and manoeuvre through beautiful, snowy forests
- Experience real Lapland/Scandinavian/Finnish winter
Join us on an amazing Snowmobile Adventure that will lead us from Tromsø all the way to Finnish Lapland. We will visit the 3-country-border of Norway, Finland and Sweden, race over frozen lakes and manoeuvre our machines through beautiful, snowy forests. Many of our former guests considered our Snowmobile Adventure to be their most exciting day trip during their visit to Tromsø!
Our Snowmobile Adventure starts early in the morning at our shop at Storgata 64. A two and a half hours drive will lead us to the Finnish village of Kilpisjärvi, where we will get dressed in warm suits, boots and protective gear. After a thorough safety briefing on how to safely ride a snowmobile, we will get on our machines and make our way over several frozen lakes to the 3-country-border, often referred to as "the most peaceful border in the world".
Along our journey there will be several possibilities to take pictures and switch drivers, if you are sharing your snowmobile with your travel partner. It's also possible to book a snowmobile for yourself. During the second part of our adventure we will experience riding through forests and over rugged terrain. If the weather is on our side, an amazing elevated view over the Finnish tundra will be our reward. After arriving back in Kilpisjärvi a warm lunch around a fireplace will await us. We will return to Tromsø with many new experiences and amazing pictures that will leave your friends and family back home speechless.
- Professional Guide
- Pictures of the trip
- Hot beverage and warm lunch (cold vegetarian option)
- Transport from Tromsø, Warm suits
- Boots and extra socks
- Helmet and face mask
- Thorough safety briefing
- Hotel pickup / drop-off
Størgata 64, 9008, Tromsø
Pickup from the Chasing Lights shop. In the city centre, across from the Domkirke.
- The minimum age for this trip is 16 years old for the passenger and 18 years old for the driver.
- No car driving license required to participate in the trip.
- Please dress warm. A woollen base layer and at least one pair of woollen socks are a must.
- It takes about 2.5 hours in our comfortable bus to reach our destination in Finland
- This trip requires a minimum of 8 participants. If we have less than 8 participants, the trip will have to be cancelled, and a full refund will be provided.
- We may cancel this trip any time for safety reasons. In this case, a full refund will be provided.
- All participants must follow the rules discussed in the safety briefing. Participants that endanger themselves or others in any way, will be excluded from the tour without the possibility of a refund.
- This trip starts early. There will be no refunds if you are not at the pick-up location at the agreed time.
- The snowmobiles are insured with a liability of up to 1,000 EUR. That means, the driver of the snowmobile will have to pay up to 1,000 EUR on the spot to cover damages caused by the driver. Following the rules set by the tour guides will greatly reduce the risk of accidents.
- Full refund for cancellations up to 72 hours before tour begins.
- Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday starting from 07:00.am
- Meeting at 06:45am
- The tour lasts around 10 hours
There is so much life in the fjords in the winter time where seabirds, eagles, seals, and schools of...
This Northern Lights Sailing Experience is a 3-hour excursion that gives you the opportunity to see ...
The Arctic is such a magical place, offering special moments through and around the fjords during th...
Choose the optimal way to maximize your chances of seeing the Northern Lights during our comfortable...
You will be picked up from the meeting point in the city center, then you'll be on your way to the r...
You will start your real Sami experience by having the opportunity to hand-feed and walk around with...