Tickets for the “Duane Michals” exhibition at the Museo Ettore Fico
- An exhibition dedicated to Duane Michals, one of the greatest innovators of contemporary photographic language
- “MEF + MEF Outside” option to also visit, at a discounted price, the “Paolo Monti. Fotografie 1935-1982” exhibition at @MEF Outside
- Skip-the-line tickets to avoid queues at the entrance
Starting from 4 May, 2018, the Museo Ettore Fico in Turin will be hosting an extensive retrospective dedicated to Duane Michals, one of the greatest photographers of our time, a great innovator and pioneer in the language of photography who stands out among the most distinguished names in the American avant-garde.
An artist poised between photography and poetry, Michals started, at the beginning of the 1960s, a new approach to photography which no longer claimed to record documentary evidence of a 'fait accompli' or to face the metaphysical aspects of life. Instead, Michals' works relate to his philosophy of life: “When you look at my photographs, you are looking at my thoughts”—in these words lies the key to understanding Duane Michals' body of work.
The exhibition itinerary is divided into thematic sections, which aim to introduce the visitor to the different expressive modalities devised by Michals, as well as to the various series dealing with specific topics that the author has covered throughout his career.
Thanks to the “MEF + MEF Outside” ticket, you can also visit the “Paolo Monti. 1935–1982 Photographs” exhibition, a retrospective dedicated to one of the most important photographers of the 20th century. Monti was the founder of the “La Gondola,” a club in Venice which made a name for itself on the international stage as an avant-garde movement; starting from 1953, when he moved to Milan, he consolidated his critical and experimental attitude, becoming one of the most well-known authors on an international level. The author always supported his intensive professional activity with a significant experimental and artistic production, in which he challenged himself with photograms, chemigrams, and various experiments involving colored materials.
- Single ticket: skip-the-line entrance to the “Duane Michals” exhibition
- “MEF + MEF Outside” subscription option: skip-the-line entrance to the “Duane Michals” and “Paolo Monti. Fotografie 1935-1982” exhibitions.
- Guided tour
- Reduced: seniors over 65 years, teachers, and members of affiliated institutions
- Reduced, young people and groups: young people 13–26 years, groups of minimum 6 people
- Free: children up to 12 years, MEF Friends, accredited journalists, tour guides, visitors with disabilities and an accompanying person, members of the Torino Piemonte Museum Subscriptions, Torino+Piemonte Card holders, MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino card holders, Torino+Piemonte Contemporary Card holders
Via Francesco Cigna, 114, 10155 Turin TO, Italy
The Ettore Fico Museum (MEF)
- The single-day ticket allows you to access the exhibition at a time of your choosing on the day you booked for
- If you picked the “MEF + MEF Outside” option, you will have to show up at the “Duane Michals” exhibition on the day you booked for, while you can visit the “Paolo Monti. 1935-1982 Photographs” any day of your choosing
- The “Duane Michals” exhibition is at the @MEF, in via Francesco Cigna 114, 10155 Torino
- The ”Paolo Monti. 1935-1982 Photographs” exhibition is at the @MEF Outside, via Filippo Juvarra 13, 10122 Torino
From the 4th of May to the 29th of July, 2018
- From Wednesday to Sunday: 11.00am – 7.00pm
- Monday and Tuesday: closed
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
THE FUTUR IS IN TORINO ON 6-7 JULY 2019! EARLY BIRD TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE! firstname.lastname@example.org +39 3...
6 July 2019 AFTER PARTY KFF19 PATRICK TOPPING Audiodrome Club, Strada Mongina 9, Moncalieri. INFO at...
6 July 2019 AFTER PARTY KFF19 DERRICK MAY Wow Club, Corso Brescia 28, Turin. INFO at +39 338.8080144...
7 July 2019 AFTER PARTY KFF19 SETH TROXLER Audiodrome Club, Strada Mongina 9, Moncalieri. INFO at +3...
Saturday 20 July 2019 GENAU Summer Closing w / GENAU Resident Djs (tba) ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ Entry i...