Shore excursion: half-day tour of Valencia
- A 4-hour walking tour to discover the history and monuments of Valencia
- Stroll through the Turia Gardens, discover the main squares and the Central Market
Our visit will start by the Turia river, surrounded by particularly interesting buildings such as the City of Arts and Sciences and the Music Palace, its bridges, both ancient and modern like Calatrava's Peineta and the Fiore.
We will head to Valencia's old town center and discover the beauty of the most important monuments. The cathedral (outside only) houses several artifacts and paintings of great interest, such as the Holy Grail, two Goya paintings and Renaissance frescoes on the main altar's ceiling (twelve Angels with musical instruments). With free admission, the Basilica of the Virgin - patron saint of the city - is a unique baroque building with an elliptical plant covered by a dome decorated with Antonio Palomino's frescoes.
Later we will visit the Plaza de la Virgen, where you can admire the Miguelete belfry, the nearby cathedral's bell tower - dominating the city center with its imposing 51 meters height - and the Plaza Redonda, known as "The Hole," one of the city's most charming nooks. Nearby we will see the Church of Santa Catalina, which dates back to the Reconquista period. Its Baroque style 17th century bell tower offers one of the most beautiful urban perspectives of Valencia.
Depending on the length of the visits we may also visit the Lonja de Mercaderes, one of the most representative buildings of Gothic architecture in Europe, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1996. And we may also visit the central market: covering more than 8100 sqm, this modernist building (1914- 1928) is one of the largest in Europe. With its iron structure, stained glasses, ceramics and glazed tiles, this is one of city's main attractions. Throughout the walking tour we will admire some church facades, such as St. John's, located in Barrio del Mercat and considered the second most important local cathedral.
Why buy shore excursions with Musement?
- Because a multilingual guide is guaranteed (Italian, English, French, Spanish and others)
- Because a small group experience is more personal than a large group tour
- Because ours is a real Shorexc (with capital S)
- Tour guide
- Transport from/to the port
- Admission to the Cathedral
- Anything not mentioned under "Included"
- Children (ages 0-11): reduced
Moll de Ponent, 46011 Valencia, Spain
Meeting point: the guide will be waiting for you right after custom control. The tour begins 45 minutes after the arrival of the ship.
- Admission to the Cathedral not included. You can purchase it on the day of your visit at EUR 5.50
- It's recommended to bring a sweater and wear comfortable shoes
- The order of the sites visited may vary to avoid overcrowding at some points and depending on the closing days of the attractions visited
- Please note: if the minimum number of tour participants is not reached, the customer will be offered an alternative booking date or a full refund
- The tour is available on the day cruises arrive in the harbor and at the times determined by the cruise company
May 31 DISTRICT 10 in Marina Beach. ADVANCE ENTRANCE: € 20 WITH CONSUMPTION (1 CUP OR 2 DESPERADOS) ...
Maika Loubté is of French-Japanese origin, she sings, writes and produces her own music. All his pro...
Club Agora Valencia & Hypnotica Colectiva present: * Esplendor Geometrico live (Geometrik Records) W...
Every Wednesday different theme and always the best hip hop and r&b music. Don't miss it! If James D...
LOVERS OF THE 90s !!! You are in luck. On Saturday June 1, do not miss Raúl Platero and Fran DJ putt...
MARINE (ANTIHEROINS) Marina aká @ marina.antih of burgalés origin began to practice as a deejay in L...