Street art guided tour in Valencia
- Discover intriguing street art by local and international artists
- Wander Valencia’s cobbled streets and explore the famed historical district of El Carmen
- Learn how history and politics have influenced the evolution of street art in Valencia
- Sample a traditional horchata drink and sweet fartón at one of the city’s oldest horchaterias
Valencia’s got some serious street art cred. Since the early ’90s, local and international artists (some famous, others unknown) have used the walls of Valencia as an avenue for self-expression and spreading messages to the people - from political and satirical commentary to debates over which ingredients make the most authentic paella. This artistic culture has led to Valencia being one of the best-known cities for street art in Spain, inspiring the birth of many local street art festivals celebrated throughout the year.
On this Valencia street art tour, you’ll explore the historic district of El Carmen to uncover some of the city’s best street art that’s hidden within the labyrinth of cobbled streets. We’ll share a few local tales and tell you how street art can be so much more than just graffiti on a wall. You’ll also learn how street art has walked side-by-side with the culture and people of Valencia and how social issues and politics have inspired some of the best works on these walls.
Your Valencia walking tour will start outside the popular Mercado Central to check out some street art around the area, then continue on to El Carmen. Along the way, we’ll see iconic sights such as the UNESCO-honoured La Lonja building, all while discussing the street art that exists all around these sites.
We’ll also stop in at one of the city’s oldest horchaterias to sample Valencia’s most beloved summer drink, horchata (a sweet drink made from tigernuts), accompanied with a tasty fartón (a sweet bun).
We’ll cap off the tour with a pit stop where you’ll get the chance to try some delicious local brews, likely very different from the beers you’re used to back home! Could there be any better way to finish off an epic afternoon of local art and culture? We didn’t think so!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Horchata and fartón snack
- Pint of craft beer
- Additional food and beverages
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for the guide
- Children under 6 years old: free
- By the main entrance of Mercado Central on Carrer de Palafox
- Valencia has some of the best weather in Spain but its summers can be hot and humid. Please dress according to the weather (hats will be handy on hot summer days)
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- This is a child-friendly tour
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 4.30pm
May 31 DISTRICT 10 in Marina Beach. ADVANCE ENTRANCE: € 20 WITH CONSUMPTION (1 CUP OR 2 DESPERADOS) ...
No two nights are the same, and even less when it comes to ROTO. If you want to start every Saturday...
Maika Loubté is of French-Japanese origin, she sings, writes and produces her own music. All his pro...
Club Agora Valencia & Hypnotica Colectiva present: * Esplendor Geometrico live (Geometrik Records) W...
Saturday May 25 we have a new edition of GOAT. On this occasion we will have a guest artist who is b...
Every Wednesday different theme and always the best hip hop and r&b music. Don't miss it! If James D...