In this tour, you will travel to Sarnath, where the Buddha preached his first sermon and set the Dhammachakka, the wheel of law in motion. Several Buddhist structures were raised at Sarnath between the 3rd century BC and the 11th century AD, and today it presents the most expansive ruins amongst all the places on the Indian Buddhist trail. Visit the Chaukhandi Stupa, Dhamek Stupa complex, Mulgandha Kunti Vihara, and end your visit with The Archaeological Museum where findings from the site are displayed.
Sarnath full-day tour from Varanasi
- Travel to Sarnath, where the Buddha preached his first sermon and set the Dhammachakka
- Visit the Chaukhandi Stupa, Dhamek Stupa complex, Mulgandha Kunti Vihara
- Learn more at The Archaeological Museum
- Entrance fees to sites
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (age 6-11)
Pick-up from your hotel in Varanasi. The pick-up is only from city hotels (within 10km) and if guests wish to be picked up in the outskirts there will be a supplement to be paid on site.
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
- This tour is unsuitable for children under 6 years old
- Please bring a water bottle, wear a cap and sunglasses
- For cultural (and religious) reasons it is strongly recommended to wear full-length trousers and half/full sleeve tops
- Check with your tour guide for specific instructions
- Please re-confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local partner at least 48 hours prior. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Daily except Friday
- Pick-up at 8.00am