Ducal Venice: Morning Walking Tour with Doge's Palace
- Take part in a guided tour to visit the highlights of Venice
- Explore Piazza San Marco with its main monuments
- Visit the Doge's Palace, the seat of the Venetian political power
- Listen to anecdotes on the square of Santa Maria Formosa
Walking Tour of Venice
Have a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. Treat yourself to an essential and multillingual tour for the understanding of Venice.
- Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square.
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune.
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice.
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
The Doge's Palace tour
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic. You’ll live it together with a guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries. You’ll be surprised of the rich details of the gold staircase, of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. An unforgettable tour not to be missed!
- Walking tour throughout Venice + tour of the Doge's Palace.
- The ticket for the Palace, which will allow you to entry without waiting.
- Audio-receiver devices for groups of 10 or more people.
Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
San Marco, 146, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
In front of Yex Exchange office under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square (please refer to the map attached).
- Skip-the-line tickets allow you to skip the line at the ticket purchasing counter. However, everyone must pass through the newly imposed security checks. Waiting times depend on the amount of people present.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- Every day at 9.00am
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
The gondola is one of the main symbols of Venice, as emblematic of the famous water city as mysterio...
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
Explore Venice through a peaceful gondola ride and visit one of its symbols: the St Mark's Basilica....
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic S...
If you are only in Venice for a short time, The Best of Venice tour is the right choice for you. You...
For you a guided tour in one of the most incredible cathedrals of the world. On this tour, escorted ...
With this bus pass and high-speed train package, you can reach Florence from the centre of Venice an...
Get ready for a great overview of Venice. Travel through the history of one of the world's most beau...