Venetian Battiloro Laboratory Private Tour
- Discover the ancient craft of the Battiloro
- Visit a real Venetian Battiloro laboratory
- Learn the gold transformation process from ingot to leaf
Enjoy a guided tour to the workshop of the last Battiloro laboratory in Venice.
The Battiloro is a craftsman who beat gold with a huge hammer, thinning it down to reduce it into a very thin leaf. This ancient custom is still practiced in an evocative Venetian laboratory, opened in 1969. Here, the art of working gold in thin foils is kept and practiced.
During your guided tour you will discover the history of this profession and you will attend to the whole process of turning gold from ingot to leaf: melting, laminating and beating, then cutting and packaging phase.
- Guided visit to the Battiloro laboratory
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and beverages
Calle del Magazzen, 5182
- No refund will be provided for latecomers or no shows
- Should it be raining the tour will still take place
- Travellers are kindly requested to plan in advance their journey in order to get to the meeting point on time
- We recommend dressing comfortably clothes and paying attention to the steps of the stairs, as it is a palace protected by the Cultural Heritage
- Monday to Saturday at 9.30am, 11.30am
A great experience that will bring you to know the manufacture and glassblowing art. In front of you...
Meet your local guide in center of Venice and with a short walk of 15 minutes through hidden streets...
We start in the world-famous St. Mark’s Square, taking a moment to appreciate the space before divin...
Discover the secret corners of Venice from a double perspective on a 2-hour sightseeing tour on foot...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
Make your stay in Venice unforgettable with a dinner show evening at the magical and unique Theatre ...