Tasting of Amarone and Valpolicella wines at Zýmè in Verona
- A food and wine experience in the heart of Valpolicella
- Tour the Zýmè cellars, one of the most interesting of the region
- Taste a sampling of Amarone and Valpolicella wines
Zýmè, born in 1999 after the recovery of the ancient sandstone cave of San Pietro of Coriano, in the heart of the Valpolicella region, has a rich history that grew alongside the story of the founder and winemaker, Celestino Gaspari. Gaspari, a native of the Valpolicella region, studied agriculture and worked for over 10 years with Giuseppe Quintarelli in his business, encountering and mastering the greatest classics of the region: Amarone, Valpolicella and Valpolicella Ripasso. His devotion to an untiring search has brought him to successfully start and grow a handful of wineries until he arrived at his own perfection - Zýmè - renowned today at an international level.
Zýmè, meaning "brewer's yeast" is derived from ancient Greek and is fundamental to the world of winemaking; here, it is also a symbolic element that invokes a vision of nature and fermentation, intended as a reference to continual transformation. When visitors enter into Zýmè, they are overcome by the full experience: the architecture, the history and the aroma, all leading to the moment of tasting, when it is possible to take in the typical flavors of the winery.
The guided tour will take you back in time with a story that starts from the present and reaches all the way back to the original story of the sandstone cave from the 14th century that inspired this concept.
The tasting takes place on the first floor of the new building in two rooms dedicated to hosting guests, one small and the other more spacious. In both rooms, the guests can taste the wines in a luminous and relaxing environment marked by neutral colors and large glass windows through which they can admire the vineyards of Valpolicella.
The seven wines offered for tasting include one white and six reds that represent the two spirits of Zýmè - one linked deeply to the territory and the other refined and cultivated by the expert winemakers. In the tasting, the wines are paired with local meats and cheeses that will compliment just right the flavor of the wines.
- Private tour of the winery
- Private tasting (Amarone and Valpolicella wines, meats and local cheeses, bread, savory marmalade)
- Transportation (available upon request)
Via Cà del Pipa, 1 37029 San Pietro in Cariano – Località Mattonara, Verona, Italy
Az. Agr. Zýmè di Celestino Gaspari
Choose one of the three options offered:
- WATER: Monday to Friday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection
- EARTH: from Monday to Friday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection accompanied by platters of cold cuts and typical cheeses
- SUN: Saturday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection
Prizes and awards:
- Amarone Classico 2008 (96 punti – Platinum Medal da Decanter World Wine Awards 2016)
- Amarone Classico Riserva “La Mattonara” 2004 (“Grande Vino” Slow Wine 2017; 96 punti + Faccino Doctorwine 2017; 4 stelle + Corona Vinibuoni d’Italia 2017; 4 viti + certificato d’eccellenaza Ais – Vitae 2017)
- The tasting with cold cuts platter is available from Monday to Friday
- The wine-only tasting is available from Monday to Saturday
- The times for tastings are: 10.30; 14:00; 16:00
The Zenato winery is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an Association of the finest wineries across I...
Enjoy a wine tasting session of some of the amazing wines produced in Valpolicella such as Valpolice...
Villa de Winckels è un vecchio monastero del 1100-1400 e fu abitata dal Generale De Winckels.Nel 199...
Enjoy a wine tasting in Verona of the best wines produced in Valpolicella at Tenute Salvaterra. Take...
Learn the secrets of Italian cuisine during our hands-on cooking class Verona at our beautiful cooki...
L'azienda Tedeschi vanta un legame profondo con il territorio della Valpolicella, avendo creduto, a ...
Visit Cantine Pasqua, a typical winery in the Verona area, to see how the local wine is produced and...
Meet your guide-driver at Veronality office in the city center, take place in the confortable and ai...
Enter the grand amphitheater and visit one of the world’s great open-air concert venues with a licen...
Starting from the central Market Square, where the stunning 17th century Palazzo Maffei and the brea...