Traditional food - walking tour in Verona
- Enjoy 5 top food stops in Verona for a rich and memorable dining experience
- Try the best walking food tour in Verona
- Eat like Locals while discovering the city
Verona is a fascinating northern Italian city with a rich history, visible in its remarkable monuments of roman, medieval and renaissance origin. This food and wine walking tour will lead you to discover the city and its history through the classic dishes of veronese or “scaligera” tradition (from the noble family of the Scaliger who were Lords of Verona), starting from the classic aperitif, passing by a taste of risottos and fresh pasta, to arrive to the great classics of Veronese cuisine, such as the polenta, pastissada, pansfoglia or horse meat stew and the veronese style cod fish.
You will be in company of a special guide, a local foodie who will show you the best restaurants, tell you about their preparations and give you some information about the city and its history. You will be part of a small group so that your experience will be very pleasant and intimate!
You will taste some of the following specialties in our Verona Food Tour (according to products availability):
- Wine and shots: the traditional Venetian aperitif with crostini and local products, and a glass of local wine inone of the oldest veronese taverns
- Bigoli: typical Veronese pasta very similar to spaghetti, seasoned with a typical recipe that combines nettle pesto and smoked ricotta. Try it in one of the oldest city taverns and travel to older times!
- Risotto all'Amarone: one of the typical specialties of the Veronese tradition that combines two of the local gastronomic excellences: the Vialone Nano rice and one of the most famous red wines in the world, the Amarone from Valpolicella region. You just can't miss it!
- Verona style cod fish: a recipe appreciated throughout the province of Verona that is not missing on the tables of Verona, served on a crispy slice of pansfoglia. Alternatively, you can also taste another of the main dishes of the Veronese cuisine: the "sfilacci di cavallo", a special recipe with which you can enjoy horse meat. Two unique dishes!
- The risino: a dessert from veronese tradition based on rice, which you will hardly find outside the walls of fair Verona
- Ice cream: with flavors created with local and excellent ingredients, to finish the tour in the finest way
- Bottled water
- Lunch with at least one dish in each stop
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Via Roma, 34, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
Meeting Point: Cavour statue, at the intersection of Roma street and Corso Cavour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please tell us about any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Expect one serving minimum at each stop. Water, wine or beer/soft drinks (in fixed amounts) will be served
- We have a 2-people minimum and a 10-people maximum policy. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date
- From Monday to Sunday, starting at 11.00am
- From Tuesday to Thursday at 6:30pm
- The tour lasts 3/3,5 hours
Enjoy a wine tasting session of some of the amazing wines produced in Valpolicella such as Valpolice...
Enter the grand amphitheater and visit one of the world’s great open-air concert venues with a licen...
Discover an enchanting spa center, nestled between the gentle hills of Valpolicella, just a few kilo...
The tour is a pleasant gastronomic walk through the streets of the historic center of Verona with 5 ...
During this passionate walking tour of Verona you'll first see some of the most important locations ...
Legend tells that the name “Valpolicella” is derived from the words “valle” “poli” and “cellae” mean...