Verona like a local: tour and wine tasting in a osteria
- Discover the most important sites in Verona as well as its magic hidden corners
- See the Arena, via Mazzini, Piazza Erbe, Piazza dei Signori, Juliet's house and much more
- Stop for an excellent wine tasting in a typical "osteria"
This tour will start from the 2,000 year-old Arena, the Roman amphitheatre built some 50 years before the Colosseum of Rome to host fights between gladiators and between men and beasts. Following your local guide you will walk along Via Mazzini, the main shopping street of Verona, where the 19th century Loggia Arvedi is to be found, and you will get to the famous Juliet's House, where you can see the inside courtyard with the famous balcony and the statue.
Then, passing through other internal courtyards you'll reach the Scavi Scaligeri and the Porta dei Bombardieri. Look up to spot the Lamberti Tower in Piazza dei Signori, the 15th century Loggia di Fra'Giocondo, the 14th century Palazzo del Tribunale.
Explore the beautiful Piazza Erbe, the ancient Roman Forum. There you can see the "Berlina", the place where criminals were exposed and the Fountain of Madonna Verona and the symbol of the city.
During the tour your guide will take you to a traditional historical "Osteria" (Wine bar) to taste some good local wines (red or white, your choice) together with some light snacks.
- expert local guide
- price for the wine tasting (you can decide on the spot how many wines you want to taste)
- entrance to museums, churches and palaces
Piazza Bra, 20, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
Meet your guide next to the equestrian statue of Vittorio Emanuele II in Piazza Bra, Verona.
- please note that this is a walking tour, no transportation is included
- please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- only people older than 18 can do the wine tasting
- every day at 1.45 pm
The course is aimed at anyone looking to build a solid professional knowledge of the wine world. You...
With this tour you could enjoy a beautiful day totally immerse in the fascinating Verona area with y...
If you want to enjoy different experience in just one day, this tour is definitely what you are look...
Join this walking tour to learn about the bloodiest events that occurred in Verona and about horribl...
Starting from the central Market Square, where the stunning 17th century Palazzo Maffei and the brea...
During this passionate walking tour of Verona you'll first see some of the most important locations ...