Gourmet Tour Burgenland
- Enjoy a wine cellar tour at a sparkling winery with tasting
- Savor a 3-course meal at a lakeside fine-dining restaurant
- Taste impressive wines at a renowned local winery
The region of Burgenland in Austria is known for its excellent red wines, wide-open plains, and the country’s largest lake, Neusiedler See. Come with us to Austria’s rural red wine country and we’ll show you how the bubbles get into the sparkling wine and how to saber a bottle. On a tractor ride through the gentle rolling vineyards to a lookout point over the lake, you might spot the most famous of the area’s 300 bird species—the Stork. A gourmet three-course meal at a lakeside restaurant lets you taste Burgenland’s culinary delights: down-to-earth yet with impressive finesse. To put a cork on the day, we’ll have one last wine tasting in a well-known winery before heading back to the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Tour departs from the Vienna Explorer Office
- Travel to the village of Gols, Burgenland, by Mercedes van
- Wine Cellar tour of Szigeti Sparkling Winery
- Scenic ride on an old-time tractor with views over the lake
- Lunch at a local restaurant at Weiden am See
- Travel to the town of Neusiedl for a wine tasting at a local winery
- Back to Vienna by Mercedes van
- Transport by Mercedes minivan to and from Burgenland
- 2 wine tastings
- 3 course lunch
- Tractor ride (summer season only)
- expert guide
- Drinks at lunch
- optional hotel pick up & drop off - 30,00 € need to be paid separately on board on the day of your tour
- Infant under 2 years: free
- Children 2-15 years: reduced
Vienna Explorer Office
Meeting point at the Vienna Explorer Office, Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna
Arriving by Metro U2 or U4 Schottenring station, take exit Schottenring or Salztorbrücke
Mobile Vouchers are accepted
- 1st May - 15th October: Tuesdays & Saturdays at 9:00am
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away ...
Vienna is full of gay and lesbian history like almost no other European city. Not only the capital o...
The Albertina and its art exhibitions are a must see in Vienna. This historic palace of the Hapsburg...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Have you ever wondered what life must be like on the shadowy side of Vienna? Discover the challenges...