Tickets for the Theatermuseum and Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna
- Explore at your leisure and spend more time at your favorite parts
- Come face-to-face with a variety of works and appreciate them with your own eyes
- Book your tickets now and pick them up when you go to the theatre
At Palais Lobkowitz, just a few steps from the Hofburg Palace, enter the Theatermuseum and explore the history of theatre from the late 15th century to contemporary experimental theatre. With around two million objects the Theatermuseum is one of the largest documentation centres of its kind. Here the vast diversity of theatre genres – from stage acting to dance, puppetry to film, and pantomime to opera – is showcased in temporary exhibitions organised in co-operation with international partners.
The Theatermuseum is to host masterpieces of the Picture Gallery, during the general refurbishment of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna: on display alongside Hieronymus Bosch’s Last Judgement Triptych are outstanding paintings from the 15th to the 18th century, including works by Cranach the Elder, Rubens, van Dyck, Titian, Füger, and many others.
- Entrance fees
- Audio guide (can be purchased on site)
- Additional exhibitions
- Children and Youth aged (0-18): Free
Palais Lobkowitz, Lobkowitzplatz 2, 1010 Wien
- During the renovation of the Academy building on Schillerplatz, the paintings gallery of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna moves into a number of rooms in the Beletage of the Palais Lobkowitz in the Theatermuseum from November 2017 onwards
- Wednesdays to Mondays at 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Please note that the museum is closed on Tuesdays
The three-hour flat terrain bike ride takes you to the most famous sights surrounding the Old Town. ...
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away ...
Are you ready to experience a night out in Vienna like a local? If so, prepare to have a blast!You w...
Join a private tour lead by an art historian guide and visit a museum which is home to one of the gr...
The German name for Vienna is Wien. Rearrange that and you get wine. Need I go on? If so, then consi...
Discover iconic Vienna with its famous attractions in an environment-friendly electric vintage car. ...