This tour will take you to the beautiful city on the Baltic, known for its rich amber. With your guide you'll see, learning more about the city and its history, all the main places of the downtown area (Głowne Miasto):
- The Coal Market (Targ Weglowy)
- The Museum of Amber
- The richly decorated Golden Gate, that leads to the Long Market
- The Green Gate and the Artus Court, a meeting place of merchants as well as centre of social life, whose hayday falls into the 16th and 17th century
- The colorful Dutch House "Dom Holenderski" and the Neptun’s Fountain
- Last but not least, the Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the largest brick church in the world
After the city tour you'll visit the ancient castle in Malbork, a little town in the Vistula delta, founded by the Knights of the Teutonic Order. The medieval castle was built in the 13th century as the Order’s headquarters and is the biggest castle complex in Europe. At the same time it is also the biggest brick construction in the history, listed as UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Inside the complex you will see the Courtyard, the Cloisters of the High Castle, the Summer Refectory and the Palace of Grand Master.