- Visit the historic site of Gettysburg and the Shriver House Museum
- Don't miss the state-of-the-art Visitor Center to learn more
- Listen to a 2-hour history of the famous battle of Gettysburg
- Travel back in time to the bloodiest battle in the American Civil War
The American Civil War is probably one of the most famous, well-documented and popular in movies and series. Here's a unique opportunity to go back in time and relive history on the famous battlefield of Gettysburg. No fuss no muss, just get on the bus and travel through the picturesque countryside to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, a town steeped in history. Spend a day devoted to a tour of the town and its historic battlefield. Receive a living history presentation from the perspective of the regular citizens at the Shriver House Museum.
Stop for a while at the Gettysburg's new Visitor Center and view the 22-minute introductory film, narrated by Morgan Freeman. Don't miss the cyclorama, a unique experience featuring a 360-degree painting of the battle's third day, narrated by Marcia Gay Harden. The Visitor Center also has a comprehensive museum that explores the time leading up to the battle of Gettysburg, the battle itself, and the long-lasting effects on the town of Gettysburg long after the war concluded in 1865.
The trip concludes with a comprehensive, two-hour tour of the Gettysburg battlefield. Led by award-winning guides, and aboard our motor coach, the tour covers every breathtaking moment of the historic battle!
STOPS (Locations guests get off an visit)
- Shriver House Museum
- Gettysburg Visitor Center (Orientation Film/Cyclorama Presentation/Museum)
- Gettysburg Battlefield (Guided Two-Hour Tour)
- Hotel Pick-up (departs from Union Station)
- Optional gratuities
- Children between 3 and 11 years old: reduced
- Family (2 adults + 2 children): reduced
4 Union Station Dr NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
Please bring a printed copy of your voucher to the Gray Line ticket window on the bus level. To get to the bus level, you will go to the center rear of Union Station and go up an escalator, then out the doors leading to the parking garage. Just outside those doors is a second escalator and we are located at the top on the left, inside the Greyhound Building.
- Please arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to your assigned departure time (7.30-7.45am) for the departure at 8.00am at Gray Line's Union Station office
- Once the tour departs, you cannot join along the route
- The drivers are licensed DC sightseeing guides, but they do not get off and accompany you to each memorial, as they are responsible for the motor coach itself
- 1 April 2017- 14 October 2017
- Monday, Thursday and Saturday 8.00am-6.00pm
Your VIP Tour begins at the Capitol Visitors Center. Beat the long entrance lines and experience Was...
Whether you're a tourist or local seeking to experience Washington, D.C. with an effortless glide, t...
Cherry blossom season is one of the best and most beautiful times to visit Washington, D.C. This Seg...
There is no other tour that will bring you to more of Washington, D.C.'s top sights than this one. T...
In this, under two mile Italian Tour of Dupont Circle, you will taste Italian cuisine and burn off c...
This tour is a fantastic combination of guide-led historical narration and on-your-own exploration a...