Mount Vernon Estate tour
- Take a look at history as you tour the home of Martha and George Washington
- See the Pioneer Farm, Distillery and Gristmill and beautiful gardens and landscapes
You’ll take a guided tour to the first stop, Mount Vernon – which was the home of George and Martha Washington. Experience life in Washington’s time on this tour and find out how he came to be the first president. This retroactive look at his timeline will show you where he came from, how he won the respect of his peers and everything that he did for the country. His life was fascinating and he’s a truly interesting historical figure to learn all about.
If you’re interested in iconic locations in American history, then this tour will be ideal for you. It has a brilliant mixture of structure and freedom, as you can visit some sights alone and others with the group.
- The Mansion
- Gardens & Landscapes
- The Tombs
- Pioneer Farm
- Distillery & Gristmill
- Museum and Education Center and more...
- Hotel Pick-up
- Food and beverages
- Optional gratuities
50 Massachusetts Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20002
Please present your voucher at the Gray Line ticket window on the bus level of the parking garage at Union Station. To get to the bus level, you will go to the center rear of Union Station and go up an escalator, then out the doors leading to the parking garage. Just outside those doors is a second escalator and the ticket window is located at the top on the left, inside the Greyhound Building. Please arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to your assigned departure time.
- You must be present at the Gray Line Union Station office by 10.45am at the latest to guarantee ridership on the tour
- Once the tour departs, guests cannot join along the route
- You should arrive between 10.30am-10.45am to check in properly
- Drivers are licensed DC sightseeing guides, but they do not get off and accompany you to each memorial, as they are responsible for the motor coach, itself
- Tuesday-Saturday at 11.30
Your VIP Tour begins at the Capitol Visitors Center. Beat the long entrance lines and experience Was...
On this 4-hour tour, you’ll find unique opportunities to explore and learn the history behind each s...
Ready to test your night-photography skills and see some jaw-dropping views while learning the histo...
Ready to take on the busiest area in DC? Skip the crowded sidewalks and slide into our all-electric ...
In this, under two mile Italian Tour of Dupont Circle, you will taste Italian cuisine and burn off c...
This tour is a fantastic combination of guide-led historical narration and on-your-own exploration a...