- See all the must-see spots in Washington DC in 2 days
- Visit the White House, Smithsonian, Mount Vernon, and the Capitol
- Don't miss the Arlington Cemetery and the World War II memorial
- See the Lincoln, Vietnam and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. memorials
Do you want to know everything there is to know about Washington, DC? Then come explore the Nation's Capital with some of the most knowledgeable and experienced tour guides in town. No fuss no muss, let the luxury motor coach escort you around the city like a VIP. The knowledgeable guides will enthrall you with colorful stories from the past and little known facts about all the monuments, statues, buildings and locations in and around DC, as well as answer any questions you might have.
Receive a guided tour of the U.S. Capitol Building (Mondays through Saturdays only) and stop for a photo opportunity outside the White House. The White House Visitor Center will allow you to see and feel what the interior of the actual White House looks like, without interrupting President Obama's schedule. Experience the beauty and grandeur of the World War II Memorial.
Spend hours inside the Smithsonian Museums (Sundays only) - The Smithsonian Institution is the world's largest museum and research complex and one of the most popular attractions in Washington, DC.
During your tour with Gray Line, you will get to see George Washington's beloved plantation, Mount Vernon. Tour the mansion and the Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center. You'll want to pay your respects to the soldiers, statesmen and other American heroes buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Visit the Tomb of the Unknowns and be moved as members of the U.S Third Infantry perform the Changing of the Guard ceremony. The lectured Tram ride through Arlington National Cemetery will also stop at the Kennedy Gravesite. The Grand Tour would not be complete without visits to the Reflecting Pool, the Women in Military Service for America Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, and the Korean Memorial, and more!
There is no other experience in the city that brings together the history, culture and people that Washington, DC represents like Gray Line's Two-Day Grand Tour. This tour is truly a unique experience.
Stops (Locations guests get off an visit)
DC In a Day:
- U.S. Capitol Building (Monday through Saturday) -- group gets off and walks to Visitor Center Entrance, this location is closed on Sundays
- Smithsonian Air and Space Museum or American History Museum (SUNDAYS ONLY!!!)
- White House Visitors Center
- White House (This is a brief Photo Stop only)
- World War II Memorial
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
- Korean War Memorial
- Iwo Jima Memorial
Mount Vernon and Arlington National Cemetery:
- Mount Vernon Estate (9.00am-1.30pm planned itinerary daily, you should plan to have lunch here)
- Arlington National Cemetery (2.30pm-4.30pm, may be slightly affected by traffic time --- you will get off motor coach and board tram at Arlington)
Arlington National Cemetery's tram has six stops on weekdays and nine one weekends. You can get off at whichever ones you wish, and then board the next tram to the next stop. We advise only getting off at the Kennedy Gravesite stop and Memorial Amphitheatre Stop (Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Changing of the Guard) to hold with your regular motor coach time. Here are the list of stops at Arlington:
- Welcome Center
- Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) -- there is a 5-10 minute walk to the memorial from the tram stop.
- President John F. Kennedy Gravesite
- U.S. Coast Guard Memorial
- General Pershing Gravesite
- Memorial Amphitheatre and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Arlington House (AKA Robert E. Lee House)
On the weekends, the following stops are added:
- Sections 54 and 55
- Columbarium and Niche Wall
- Section 60 and 9/11 Memorial
Views from the coach(Locations you will see as the motor coach is driving around and you are receiving a historical narrative from our driver guides):
- DC In a Day
- FBI Building
- Federal Triangle
- House and Senate Office Building
- National Gallery of Art
- Tidal Basin
- National Archives
- Washington Monument
- Grant Memorial
- American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial
- Mount Vernon and Arlington National Cemetery
- Potomac River
- Fort Washington
- Old Town Alexandria
- The White House/Ellipse
- World War II Memorial
- Jefferson Memorial
- Tidal Basin
- Washington Monument
- Admission Fees
- Hotel Pick Up
- Optional Gratuities
- Children between 3 and 11 years old: reduced
- Family (2 adults + 2 children): reduced
50 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
On the day of your tour please present your voucher at the Gray Line ticket window on the bus level of the parking garage at Union Station. To get to the bus level, you will go to the center rear of Union Station and go up an escalator, then out the doors leading to the parking garage. Just outside those doors is a second escalator and we are located at the top on the left, inside the Greyhound Building.
- Please arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to your assigned departure time (7.30-7.45 am) for the departure at 8.00am at Gray Line's Union Station office. Once the tour departs, guests cannot join along the route. Please note that you will be riding an open-top double decker bus, unless there is inclement weather or the double decker bus is not available, in which case we will switch up and provide a closed-top motor coach
- The drivers are licensed DC sightseeing guides, but they do not get off and accompany you to each memorial, as they are responsible for the motor coach itself.
- You do not have two consecutive days. Please note that the DC In a Day portion of this tour will have you on an open-top, double decker bus, except when there is inclement weather, in which case we will do our best to switch to a closed-top motor coach.
- Tuesday-Saturday 9.00am-4.00pm
Your VIP Tour begins at the Capitol Visitors Center. Beat the long entrance lines and experience Was...
The American Civil War is probably one of the most famous, well-documented and popular in movies and...
Ready to take on the busiest area in DC? Skip the crowded sidewalks and slide into our all-electric ...
The impressive sight of Washington, D.C.’s national monuments illuminated at night is an absolute ca...
The experience is a combination of historical narrative by the driver guide and on-your-own explorat...
Washington DC is remarkable after dark, and this combined shuttle/walking tour brings you a unique, ...
Spend the day touring the nation’s capital, by visiting historical landmarks and monuments - such as...
Monuments, memorials, museums, picturesque scenery and magnificent architecture are abundant in Wash...
In this, under two mile Italian Tour of Dupont Circle, you will taste Italian cuisine and burn off c...
It has been more than 150 years since the first military funeral took place at Arlington National Ce...