Overnight Yosemite hotel tour: Valley Lodge
- Spend the night at Yosemite Valley Lodge in at the base of Yosemite Falls
- See Glacier Point, Yosemite Valley, Giant Sequoia Trees and many more all with an expert guide
- Don’t worry about driving to Yosemite, your tour will pick you up from a central location
Escape to the mountains for two full days of hiking, sightseeing and exploring in the amazing natural wilderness of Yosemite National Park!. In the valley, you’ll have the opportunity to visit and photograph such famous highlights as Yosemite Falls (the tallest waterfall in North America), El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Fall, and Inspiration Point.
Beyond the valley, you will take a trip to the awe-inspiring Glacier Point and enjoy a hike among the Giant Sequoias. You will have two days to explore, giving you more time and flexibility to see all the sights. Your guide stays with the group throughout the tour, providing valuable knowledge of the history of Yosemite and a more personal experience of the park during your trip. Slip away to Yosemite park with us for two full days of fun and exploration!
Spend the night in the heart of Yosemite Valley at Yosemite Valley Lodge. The hotel is located at the base of Yosemite Falls – the waterfall that inspired its name! The lodge rooms are somewhat larger than “standard rooms”, and open to a patio or a balcony. There is a private bathroom, dressing area, activity table, telephone and television with select programming (no refrigerators). Bedding configurations include one king bed or two double beds. Please note: Yosemite Lodge at the Falls does not have air conditioning in any guest accommodations.
This tour is weather permitting. Some activities are not accessible in extreme weather or due to road closures. Every attempt will be made to find comparable activities if these options are not available during your trip.
Itinerary: Day 1
6.00am – 7.00am: Pick up from San Francisco hotels
7.00am – 11.30am: Cross the Bay Bridge and see Alcatraz and Angel Island. Travel through Oakland and the East Bay, then on to the Central Valley. There will be a quick stop at a local fruit stand to pick up some fresh produce and an opportunity to buy lunch in advance (not included). Travel through the Gold Country and Sierra Foothills.
Approx. 11.30am: Arrive at Yosemite National Park. Hike to the Giant Sequoia Grove to enjoy your picnic lunch, and wander among the trees.
1.30pm – 3.00pm: Enjoy a narrated, guided tour through Yosemite’s glaciated valley with its famous waterfalls and rock formations from the comfort of the mini-coach (with a few photo-stops) as you descend into Yosemite Valley, and learn some history about this amazing park.
3.00-6.00pm: Stop for the afternoon near the base of Yosemite Falls (if you are staying at Yosemite Lodge, you can check in or leave your luggage at this time). Your guide will provide a choice of activities that may include, a walk to the base of the falls, time at the main visitor’s center, The Ansel Adams Gallery, The Majestic Yosemite (previously Ahwanhee) Hotel, swimming or relaxing along the river, biking or hiking.
6.00pm – ?: Meet as a group for dinner (not included), or spend more time exploring the park on your own.
Approx. 8.00am: Be packed, fed and ready for departure to spend the day in Yosemite. Breakfast (not included) is served at both hotels; get fueled up for a great day ahead.
8.00am – 4.30pm: Drive as a group to Glacier Point for views of Yosemite Valley from high up in the mountains! Here you have the option to hike back to the Valley or return in the van and have a full free day in Yosemite Valley. You get to choose. There are loads of different hiking options, from short easy walks to long, strenuous ones. Your guide will give you all the details. You can also choose to check out the main visitor’s center, The Ansel Adams Gallery, The Ahwanhee Hotel, spend time by the river, or rent a bike.
4.00pm – 4.30pm: Regroup and head to the base of El Capitan to spot climbers.
9.00 – 9.30pm: Arrive in San Francisco after stopping for a bite to eat. Enjoy the skyline of San Francisco as you cross the Bay Bridge and return you to your lodging.
*Please note: Due to rapidly-changing conditions beyond control (weather, crowds, traffic) and the small size of vehicles/groups, guides are allowed the the flexibility to tailor your itinerary to best suit the needs of the group. While it is guaranteed that they’ll do their best to provide you with all of the highlights within this itinerary (conditions permitting), it is not guaranteed in this specific order
- Complimentary pickup/drop off from your San Francisco hotel
- Full-time professional, knowledgeable guide
- Transportation to/from Yosemite in biofueled mini-coach
- Yosemite Park entrance fee
- Narrated guided tour
- 1 Night Stay at the Valley Lodge
- Meals (stops will be made to purchase food)
- Guide gratuity (optional)
- Children 0-12
Please arrive 15 minutes at your pickup location before your scheduled pickup time at selected hotel.
- Hotel pickup confirmation required for this tour. You must call at least 24 hours prior to departure to set exact pickup time and location
- Each passenger may bring one soft-sided overnight bag or regular-sized day pack with them on the vehicle. The under-seat storage space will accept ~13.5″x12″x11″ if the item is hard-sided; slightly larger if it is soft-sided
- If you must bring more/larger luggage, please be aware that you’ll need to pay for a seat on the vehicle to store it during your trip
- No luggage or gear may be placed in the aisle
- Most hotels in San Francisco will store your larger luggage after check-out or before check-in (some charge a fee for this service*)
- All Season:
- Small, soft-sided overnight bag only (approx airline carry-on size*)
- Camera & Charger
- Sneakers or hiking boots (mountain hiking can be hard on unsupported ankles)
- Comfortable hiking clothes (shorts & T-shirt)
- Change of clothes for relaxing at the hotel
- Swimwear & Towel
- Sun protection & bug spray
- Water bottle
- Warm layers (evenings can be cooler)
- Early Spring/Late Fall: (additionally)
- Hiking boots or durable sneakers (preferably Gortex or waterproof)
- Warm layers (long underwear & wool fleece suggested)
- Waterproof jacket/pants for winter conditions
- Gloves, wool socks and a hat (75% of your body heat is lost through your hands, head, and feet
- April - October
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Departs between 6.00am-7.00am
Escape to the mountains for two full days of hiking, sightseeing and exploring in the amazing natura...
The Kennedy Space Center takes you to the edge of the universe and beyond. Step under a Saturn V roc...
The One World Observatory at Freedom Tower offers expansive 360-degree views in all directions of Ne...
Start your day and get on a vintage trolley that visits all of Hollywood's most famous attractions! ...
Skip the regular lines with the Universal Express™ ticket.It includes one-day general admission, one...
Inside the 1000+ acre park, the opportunities are endless. You'll see the Conservatory of Flowers, A...
Tap into Philly's legendary beer scene on this adventure through Philly's bars, pubs, and microbrewe...
Lower Manhattan’s greatest attractions are gathered together in this comprehensive one-day tour with...
This two-hour Central Park bike tour is perfect for families and those who want to get a comprehensi...
Your sailing and snorkeling experience is the best way to see the beauty and grandeur of the Kona co...