Grindelwald and Interlaken day trip
- Scenic coach journey through splendid countryside
- Explore the alpine resort Grindelwald
- Enjoy the region’s shopping paradise Interlaken
Explore one of Switzerland’s most attractive alpine regions on this full-day excursion. You will visit the idyllic Bernese Oberland and the magnificent Jungfrau region mountain world. Valuable free time allows you to explore two famous mountain resorts Grindelwald, also named Eiger or Glacier Village, and Interlaken, uniquely located between two lakes.
Embark on a scenic coach journey through splendid countryside to Interlaken, the heart of the magnificent Jungfrau region. After a first orientation stop in Interlaken, you’ll continue to Grindelwald, a lively and varied place perfect for active holidays. Numerous lookout points provide stunning views of the surrounding impressive mountain landscape including the world famous triple peaks Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
During your leisure time, you can experience a cable car ride to the sunny terrace of ‘Mt. First’ and enjoy the 40-meter long Cliff Walk by Tissot or undertake a fun trotti bike ride (available only during summer). In the afternoon, enjoy the unescorted public train ride back to Interlaken. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the region’s shopping paradise. You can find a diverse offer, from regional products to precious jewelry and watches.
Alternatively, visit Interlaken’s home mountain Harder Kulm. A cable car takes you to the top where you will be rewarded with splendid views of the surrounding area. After enjoying the fresh mountain air you will meet your guide again in the late afternoon for the return journey.
- Partly live guided in English, German and Spanish
- Transportation in a comfortable coach
- Train ticket between Grindelwald and Interlaken
- Personal expenses
- Any activities (cable cars/equipment rental/admissions)
- Rate for children from 6 to 15 years: Half price
- Infants up to 5 years: Free of charge but need to be registered
Limmatstrasse 5, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The departure place, the Sihlquai Coach Terminal, is located behind the train station next to the hotel Walhalla (Limmatstrasse 5). The meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here" signs.
- The tour is guided from Zurich to Grindelwald and from Interlaken to Zurich by our professional guide
- For the unescorted part from Grindelwald to Interlaken you'll receive detailed, written information
- Tour operates on various days depending on the season
- Please check the calendar for more details
- Starting time is at 8.00am
- Meeting time 15 minutes before
On this two-hour classic city tour you get to discover Zurich, the business and cultural center of S...
This enchanting morning tour takes you on a scenic route to Northern Switzerland and shows you the s...
Don't miss the highlight of your Swiss holiday. Take this thrilling and unforgettable full-day excur...
Enjoy a cozy night in Zurich on this evening tour! After a short introductory city tour get out of t...
This spectacular small group tour takes you off the beaten track right into the heart of the Swiss A...
Go where the Swiss go and visit beautiful Mount Rigi. Relish the amazing view over 13 lakes and the ...