Mount Rigi day trip from Zurich
- Ride up the Queen of the mountains with the aerial cable car
- Enjoy spectacular views of the majestic mountains and the midland with its deep blue lakes
- Experience Europe's first mountain railway
- Have a lovely one-hour cruise on Lake Lucerne
Go where the Swiss go and visit beautiful Mount Rigi. Relish the amazing view over 13 lakes and the magnificent alpine panorama as the aerial cable car takes you up on the mountain. See Europe's first mountain railway and Enjoy a boat ride on beautiful Lake Lucerne. The trip includes also a visit to the charming Old Town of Lucerne.
The journey starts with a lovely coach ride crossing the Albis Pass and along beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons to Weggis, a charming summer resort on the shores of the lake.
Board the aerial cable car to Rigi Kaltbad where you change to Europe‘s first mountain railway, which leads up to the summit Rigi-Kulm (1800m). The unsurpassed views from the top of this majestic mountain will overwhelm you. A variety of well-prepared hiking trails invite for a walk and cozy alpine restaurants offer a decent selection of typical, hearty meals all accompanied by the amazing alpine panorama. In winter, you might fancy renting a sledge and zoom down the valley.
In the afternoon, descent by cogwheel train to Vitznau and board the public boat for a lovely one-hour cruise on the picturesque Lake of the Four Cantons towards Lucerne.
In Lucerne you can enjoy a stroll on the medieval streets of the charming Old Town and see the famous Chapel Bridge, the Jesuit Church and the Town-Hall. Further recommendations include a visit to the Swiss Museum of Transport, or for art lovers the Rosengart Museum with works of the famous artists Picasso and Paul Klee. In the evening, meet your guide again for the coach journey back to Zurich.
The professional and multilingual guide accompanies the tour from Zürich to Weggis and from Lucerne to Zurich. The way up and down Mt. Rigi and the boat ride to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- Partly live guided in English and German
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Cable car and cogwheel train
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne
- Personal expenses
- Rate for children from 6 to 15 years: half price
- Infants up to 5 years: Free of charge but need to be registered
Limmatstrasse 5, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The departure place is the Sihlquai Coach Terminal (Limmatstrasse 5). The meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here" signs.
- You are recommended to bring warm clothes, sunglasses and a pair of solid shoes
- To request a guide in Spanish, please contact email@example.com
- Daily at 9.30am
- Between 3-27 April 2018 and 5-16 November 2018 the aerial cable car is under revision. During these periods the tour is operated by cogwheel train only
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Swiss Alps from the Rotair revolving cable car bringing you up t...
Explore one of Switzerland’s most attractive alpine regions on this full-day excursion. You will vis...
Visit Bern, the capital of Switzerland. This tour follows a scenic route, passing through stunning l...
This full day excursion will take you to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Locat...
This excursion will take you with a small group to the idyllic region of Eastern Switzerland. Visit ...
Don't miss the highlight of your Swiss holiday. Take this thrilling and unforgettable full-day excur...
Visit the most charming city of Switzerland! See Lucerne's main sights, the Chapel Bridge, the Lion ...
Escape the city for a full-day excursion to one of Switzerland’s most attractive alpine regions, the...
Join this full-day tour to the charming town of Lucerne and Mount Pilatus, one of Switzerland's most...
Discover why Zurich is frequently awarded the "city with best quality of life" and learn about Switz...