Chamonix Mont Blanc guided day trip with cable car and mountain train
- Go on a guided day trip from Geneva to Chamonix
- Take the cable car up to Aiguille du Midi in front of Mont Blanc
- Experience a picturesque mountain train ride to 'La Mer de Glace'
- Enjoy spectacular views on the largest glacier of France
This guided trip from Geneva combines three highlights in a single day: Visit lovely Chamonix at the foot of majestic Mont Blanc, enjoy breathtaking views from the Aiguille du Midi peak and experience a picturesque mountain train ride to 'La Mer de Glace', the largest glacier of France.
The bus roundtrip starts from Geneva in the morning with a 90 minutes' ride to one of the most famous mountain villages in the world. Wherever you look up in Chamonix, you will see the roof of Europe: 4810m (15781 ft) high Mont Blanc. Breathe in fresh mountain air and stroll through charming little streets. Chamonix hosted the first Winter Olympics in 1924 and has become a capital of alpinism, freeride skiing and ice climbing ever since.
The cable car will bring you up to the summit of Aiguille du Midi, the peak just in front of Mont Blanc. Enjoy your free time at the top and look forward to spectacular views on the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. On a clear day, you can even see the Matterhorn. If open, try the very exciting 'Step Into the Void', a glass skywalk in 3842m (12604 ft) height. Three glass walls, floor and ceiling panels allow visitors to experience one kilometer of void underneath their feet and to take amazing pictures of an unforgettable landscape.
Back to Chamonix, try one of the numerous restaurants in town. Afterwards, enjoy a train ride through the mountain landscape to Montenvers and see the largest glacier of France, also known as 'La Mer de Glace', the Ice Sea. A panoramic terrace will give you a breathtaking view on the glacier. You will have enough free time to enjoy the site on your own pace, while the guide will be waiting at the station. Visit the crystal gallery or the Glaciorium, a new space entirely dedicated to the glaciers and their birth, present and future. If the seasons allows it, you can also visit an ice cave.
- Bus roundtrip
- Cable car ticket
- Mountain train ticket
- Food and drinks
- Children (4-12 years old)
Geneva bus station, Place Dorcière 5, 1201 Geneva
Next to the Keytours sign
- Important information: You must bring a current valid passport, as you will cross the Franco-Swiss border. Visa whenever applicable
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time at the meeting point
- It is not allowed to take a child under 3 years old in the cable car
- It can happen that the cable car or mountain train may not work due to weather or technical issues
- Daily at 8.30am
- No tour: 25 December, 1 January
Durante a sua viagem de um dia a Gruyères a partir de Genebra, você visitará a fábrica de chocolate ...
Sua excursão pela cidade de Genebra leva você ao bairro internacional da cidade, onde você verá a se...
Annecy, conhecida como "A Veneza dos Alpes", oferece aos visitantes paisagens harmoniosas e romântic...
Este bilhete combina duas experiências únicas em uma: Visite a encantadora Chamonix, no sopé do maje...
Aproveite a oportunidade para descobrir duas cidades em um dia: Embarque em um passeio pelo vale de ...
Este bilhete combina três experiências únicas em uma: Visite Chamonix ao pé do majestoso Mont Blanc,...