Venice highlights, Murano and Burano: one-day tour
- St. Mark's Basilica: from its east-meets-west onion dome to its dazzling mosaics
- Climb up to the Basilica's famous terrace level
- The beauty of the Venetian lagoon through Murano and Burano
- Live demonstrations in the arts of glassblowing and lacemaking
Discover Venice and its two small islands including the most interesting sites and experiences: Rialto Bridge, St. Mark’s Basilica, a bird’s-eye view of St. Mark’s Square, and the Doge’s Palace. Then we’ll take you to the small but world-renowned islands of Murano and Burano.
We begin your adventure at the Rialto Bridge then embark on a journey through the winding Venetian streets and over its tiny bridges. You will then be escorted you to Marco Polo’s house. Marvel before Renaissance architecture with unmistakably Byzantine influences amidst modern edifices. Now on to the Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Square: skip the long lines of tourists waiting to enter St. Mark’s Basilica and go straight inside. Climb up to the first floor terraces, rarely included on other tours.
Our mainland tour continues at the Doge’s Palace, former home to the Duke of Venice and the city’s courts, before setting off for 1 hour and 30 minutes of free time to explore the area on your own.
Board a comfortable water taxi across the lagoon to the timeless islands of Murano and Burano. The shores of Murano will be your first stop for the second leg of your tour. You’ll learn that it was here Europe’s first mirrors were crafted.
Jump back onboard the boat and we are off to Burano, our final island destination. See the area’s famous multicolored houses huddled tightly together along canal streets with laundry strung between each facing window. Then be treated to Burano’s centuries-old tradition of lacemaking.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark's Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark's Basilica
- Skip-the-line access and entrance ticket to the Doge's Palace
- Glassmaking demonstration at a factory in Murano with commentary in English
- Lacemaking demonstration at a shop in Burano with commentary in English
- Discount at the glassblowing and lace-making shop where the demonstrations are given (10%+ depending on the item)
- Round-trip transportation by boat
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Campo S. Bortolomio, 5396, 30124 Venezia
Meet us 15 min before the departure of the tour in Campo S.Bortolomio, in front of the bronze statue of a man, near the San Marco side of Rialto Bridge. Our coordinators will hold a sign with the name of the tour for easy recognition.
After lunch break, make your way to the meeting point at 2.15pm for the Murano and Burano tour. Meet us in front of the lagoon (San Zaccaria vaporetto stop), by the statue of Vittorio Emanuele II on a horse, in Riva degli Schiavoni.
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark's Basilica
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance, nor strollers or baby carriages
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour except in St. Mark's Basilica
Venice morning tour
Meeting time: 8.45am
Departure time: 9.00am
Murano and Burano afternoon tour
Meeting time: 2.15pm
Departure time: 2.30pm
Excursão à Lagoa de Veneza para a visita das ilhas famosas pelas artesanato: Murano para a fábrica d...
Essa excursão é perfeita para pessoas que vão passar pouco tempo em Veneza. Em apenas algumas horas,...
O Palácio Ducal (Palazzo Ducale) foi ao longo de vários séculos a sede do poder político Veneziano. ...
Tour do Palácio DucalO Palácio Ducal representou por séculos a sede veneziana do poder político. Em ...
Um cruzeiro na Lagoa é uma experiência sugestiva e agradável, uma nova e diferente maneira de ver Ve...
Tour de Caminhada em VenezaFaça uma caminhada (sem entradas) através dos lugares mais típicos e impo...
Desfrute de um passeio em gôndola em Veneza!Você vai embarcar em uma gôndola (de até 6 pessoas por g...
Explore a cidade mais romântica do mundo a bordo de um barco vermelho de turismo da cidade!Existem c...
Os italianos adoram o seu café, mas há certas regras que se devem seguir se você for fazer a cultura...
Descubra os cantos secretos de Veneza a partir de uma perspectiva dupla em um passeio turístico de 2...