"Max Beckmann. Exile figures" exhibition skip-the-line tickets with entrance to the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza
- Enjoy a monographic exhibition of one of Germany’s leading 20th-century artists
- Admire more than 50 works, including paintings, lithographs and sculptures
- The first exhibition in Spain in twenty years to be devoted to the artist
From 25 October 2018 to 27 January 2019, the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza devotes a monographic exhibition to Max Beckmann (Leipzig, 1884 – New York, 1950), one of Germany’s leading 20th-century artists. Initially close to Expressionism and New Objectivity, Beckmann developed a unique and independent pictorial style of a realistic type but one filled with symbolic resonances, offering a powerful account of society of his day.
Curated by Tomàs Llorens, the exhibition brings together more than 50 works, including paintings, lithographs and sculptures, organised thematically into two principal sections. The first, smaller section covers Beckmann’s years in Germany from the period prior to World War I, when he first achieved public recognition, to the rise of National Socialism in the 1930s when he was expelled from the Frankfurt art school where he taught and was banned from exhibiting in public. The second, larger part, focuses on the artist’s years in Amsterdam and the United States where he lived after he was obliged to leave Germany. This part is based on four metaphors relating to exile, understood both literally and as the existential condition of modern man: Masks, which looks at the loss of identity associated with the condition of exile; Electric Babylon, which focuses on the modern city as the capital of exile; The long goodbye, which constructs a parallel between exile and death; and The Sea, a metaphor of the infinite, its powers of seduction and alienation.
- Entrance to the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza and "Max Beckmann. Exile figures" exhibition
- Free Admission Ticket: Under 18 years old, people with disabilities, Comunidad de Madrid guide, other autonomous community guide, Amigo MNAC
- Reduced Admission Ticket: Students, over 65, Youth Card holders and pensioners
Note: Eligibility for reduced-rate and free tickets must be proved at the access-control point with a valid ID
Paseo del Prado, 8, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Metro: Banco de España. Buses: 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 45, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146 and 150. Train: Estaciones de Atocha, Sol and Recoletos
- With this ticket you can visit the museum's permanent and temporary exhibition
- Ticket valid only on the printed date
- No re-entry to temporary exhibitions
- Last visitors admitted 1 hour before closing
- All galleries are cleared 5 minutes before closing
- Please arrive 15 minutes ahead to facilitate admission at the scheduled time
- Between the end of June and the beginning of September, the museum will extend its hours for the summer months.
"Max Beckmann. Exile figures" exhibition: From 25 October 2018 to 27 January 2019
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00am to 7.00pm
- Mondays: free admission from 12.00pm to 4.00pm
- The museum is closed on 1 January, 1 May and 25 December
- On 24 and 31 December, opening hours are from 10.00am to 3.00pm
- Mondays: closed
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00am to 7.00pm
- Saturdays: 10.00am to 9.00pm
Il Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza è un'importante centro culturale che si trova nel Paseo del Pra...
Per la prima volta nella storia, una mostra itinerante, realizzata in collaborazione con il Museo st...
Il Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía di Madrid è dedicato all'arte della fine del XIX secolo...
Per la prima volta nella storia, una mostra itinerante realizzata in collaborazione con il Museo Sta...
L'architetto Juan de Villanueva progettò l'edificio che oggi ospita il Museo Nacional del Prado nel ...
Mentre visiti Madrid, non puoi perderti il Museo Nazionale d'Arte della Spagna e il Museo Reina Sofí...
Goditi tutta la bellezza e la storia del Museo del Prado, il principale museo d'arte nazionale spagn...
Al museo Reina Sofía di Madrid, potrai ammirare i lavori di alcuni dei migliori artisti spagnoli del...
Con questo tour visiterai Rueda, una zona importante dove potrai scoprire il vino bianco più popolar...
Il Palazzo Reale venne costruito nel XVIII secolo seguendo lo stile barocco italiano della fortezza ...