Visit the incredible city of Fatehpur Sikri, constructed four centuries ago by the Mughal Emperor Akbar and considered to be the first planned city in Indo-Islamic style. The city was initially a vibrant environment, but was completely abandoned a little more than a decade later, due to the scarcity of water. Fatehpur Sikri is built in red sandstone, and is a beautiful blend of Hindu and Islamic architectural elementsis considered to be more beautiful than the Taj Mahal by many visitors. After the tour of Fatehpur Sikri, you'll be driven back to Agra and then to your hotel.
Attractions & guided tours
Half-day visit to Fatehpur Sikri
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 4 hours 3 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Visit the incredible city of Fatehpur Sikri
- Learn everything about the history of this wonderful abandoned city
- Discover the history of the old Indian emperors once ruling over Fatehpur Sikri
- Witness one of the finest examples of Indo-Islamic art
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Entrance fees
- English speaking local guide
What's not included
- Food and drinks
Pick-up from your hotel.
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- We recommend wearing suitable comfortable clothing
- Please bring your own bottle, sunglasses and caps
- Infants under 6 are not allowed on the tour
- Please note that this tour is available for a maximum of 7 people
- Daily at 8:30am
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.