The Golden Temple Gurudwara (Sikh temple) is the most important Sikh pilgrim destination was built around a man-made sarovar (pool), the Gurudwara has humongous proportions and is a grand architectural marvel. The construction is said to have started in 1581 and it has been rebuilt several times after being destroyed by invaders. Therefore, its architecture reflects different influences and has been described as a mixture of the Indo-Islamic Mughal and the Hindu Rajput architecture. Often billed as the world’s largest free kitchen, the Golden Temple Langar serves delicious, hygienic and nutritious vegetarian food to thousands of people every day. Everyone is welcome, irrespective of caste or faith. It’s a massive affair but everything works with clock-work precision, right from cooking and serving food to the washing of utensils. Regular sewadars (people working here) as well as hundreds of volunteers work in shifts to manage the operations.
Attractions & guided tours
Golden temple tour with langar
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Admire the gorgeous Golden temple and buildings built around a man-made pool
- Explore Langar or the world's largest community kitchen that serves a meal to all visitors without discrimination
- Multiple departure times throughout the day give you more control over your day of sightseeing
- Let the atmosphere of the city surround you as your guide takes you through the streets
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Pick up from your hotel in the Amritsar city centre. You will indicate your pick-up location at checkout and confirm your pick-up time and location directly to the local operator
What to remember
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator prior to the tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- It is recommended to dress in full-length trousers and half or full sleeve tops due to cultural and religious reasons
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.