Private walking tour of Ancona with a local guide
- Enjoy a full immersion guided tour of the ancient Ancona, its main monuments and historical buildings
- Discover the remains of the Roman era in the old town, such as the "Arco di Traiano", erected in 115 BC in honour of the Roman Emperor Trajan
- Explore the historical "piazze" like Piazza del Plebiscito and see the Romanesque church of Santa Maria della Piazza
- Spot the dome of Ancona (the Cathedral San Ciriaco), the Funtain of Calamo and the Mole Vanvitelliana, just in front of the sea!
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the - still partially unknown - city of Ancona. The capital of the Marche region, situated on the central coast of the Adriatic Sea, hides some very interesting monuments and attractions, remarkable both from an historic and an architectural point of view.
During this 2.5-hour guided tour your professional guide will take you to see the most important sites in the city. You'll walk up the hill of San Ciriaco Cathedral, from where you can admire the Arch of Trajan, whose construction dates back to 115 BC during the Roman time, and the "Mole Vanvitelliana", designed by Luigi Vanvitelli in 1732 for Pope Clementine. You'll also visit the Romanesque church of Santa Maria della Piazza.
You wil walk through the central Piazza del Plebiscito and then Corso Mazzini to see the 16th-century Fontana del Calamo, its 13 masked spouts supposedly representing effigies of those who have been beheaded!
Just one tip: don't forget to bring your camera with you!
- expert tour guide
- food & drinks
- entrance to museums/churches/palaces (in case you decide to visit some of them, you can buy your ticket on the spot)
Piazza della Repubblica, 60121 Ancona
Meet your guide in front of Teatro delle Muse.
- please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- this private tour runs every day at 10.00am, 11.00am, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm
Let your hosts Massi and Barbara take you on a virtual journey around Italy at their cosy wine bar i...
The A-lister magnet that is Lake Como has been drawing them in for thousands of years. From Roman ar...
Cosmopolitan Capri has been a magnet for the rich and glamorous for decades – everyone from Jay-Z an...
If the Amalfi Coast is the business, then Capri is showbusiness. This magnet for celebs since the da...
Of all the Roman ruins in Italy, none is as haunting or fascinating as Pompeii. More than a moment f...
In a country packed with historic cities, Treviso managed to escape under the radar until quite rece...