Dive into Southern cuisine while exploring Atlanta's past on this delicious food tour through Victorian Grant Park and Oakland Cemetery. You'll try 9 modern Southern and Southern fusion tastings from 3 locally-owned restaurants and food shops on this 2.5-hour small-group tour, including a walk through Oakland Cemetery, while being entertained by your enthusiastic guide. You'll learn about the founding of Atlanta, from a small railroad town to the capital of Georgia, while trying delectable samplings, including shrimp and grits at the city's favorite seafood spot and southern fruit galettes from a James Beard-nominated bakery. Discover why Atlanta is a city built on food on this unforgettable food tour, a must for food and history lovers!
Grant Park Past & Future walking food tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Smaller Group Size
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Take a walking tour with a friendly and knowledgeable guide
- Try 9 modern Southern and Southern-fusion tastings from 3 locally-owned restaurants
- Enjoy a to-go dessert at last location in case you're too full to eat during the tour
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Donation to local historic park/cemetery
- Parking in an overflow lot
- 5 USD gift card for the first restaurant to use after the tour for drinks
- Guided walking tour
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased on site)
- Tips (optional)
- Children (ages 3-12)
- Children (ages 0-2): free
437 Memorial Drive Southeast, Atlanta, GA, USA
Please park on the street or in the parking lot located across from 408 Woodward Dr, 2 blocks from Six Feet Under in Grant Park. Please do NOT go to the Westmidtown location of Six Feet Under.
What to remember
- Digital brochure provided for a contactless experience
- Tours operate with small groups
- Guides will carry wipes and hand sanitizer for guests
- All guests must wear a mask covering their nose, mouth, and chin throughout the tour
- Social distancing is encouraged
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own water bottle
- Guests will be required to sign a waiver confirming that they do not have COVID symptoms
- Tour operates rain or shine, so umbrellas are encouraged if rain is in the forecast. Rain ponchos provided
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time
Unexpected Atlanta Tours & Stories
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.