Stage 1 - Bologna-Bologna (San Luca) - 11 May - Giro d'Italia 2019
- Experience the excitement of Giro d'Italia 2019 with Musement, the only official Italian travel partner
- Have an unforgettable day and watch live the first stage of the race
- Feel like a true participant with a pass including exclusive experiences! Follow the race from the Hospitality Area or from an official vehicle
Stage 1: Bologna-Bologna (San Luca)
Saturday 11 May 2019, 8.2 km
A short individual time trial with the first 6 km flat and the next 2 km in very strong ascent. The racers travel through wide and mainly straight city streets up to the foot of the 2.1 km climb to San Luca with an average 9.7% incline and with long stretches over 10/12% up to the 16% peak at the last kilometer. The ranking riders will therefore have to compete from this very first stage a ride that may outline a sketch of the final rankings.
1. STARTING LINE PACKAGES
In the beautiful squares of the cities that host the race stages, you will find the Start Village – a common area where athletes, sponsors and organization management come and meet before each race. Choose a Start Package and meet the riders in this exciting atmosphere, just before the race starts! You will be welcomed by the Giro Club staff and you will receive your day pass, which allows you entrance to the Hospitality Area with snack & coffee bar service. Enjoy the excitement of these moments and get an exclusive signed VIP bag!
- START PASS: includes a day pass with access to the Puccini Start Village, with snack & coffee bar service
- START PASS TOP: includes a day pass with access to the Michelangelo Start Village (Top Exclusive), with snack & coffee bar service
2. FINISH LINE PACKAGES
See the race from a privileged point of view! With the Giro Club Finish Package options you will arrive at the finish line before the racers and you will have access to the Hospitality Dante area or the Truck Giro Club Leonardo. Here you can watch the last phases of the race on TV screens before watching the racers finish live. Before the riders reach the last kilometers of the stage, you can come down to the finish line and see them arrive live! With the Chrono Experience, enjoy a comfortable ride on board a shuttle service to come back to the starting point. Includes your very own exclusive VIP bag of Giro d’Italia.
- ARRIVAL PASS DANTE: includes a day pass with access to the Dante Arrival Village, only 100 meters from the finish line with snack service
1. BIKE EXPERIENCE Fancy enjoying the race like a pro rider? Choose the Bike Experience and ride the last 40-50 kilometers of the stage. Get to the finish line before all riders! Get pictures of yourself as you receive your award just like a pro rider on the official podium of the Giro.
2. CHRONO EXPERIENCE This is the perfect choice for those who want a super close-up and exclusive Giro d'Italia experience. Choose the Chrono Experience option and get on board an official car and and follow the race with up to 3 guests per car. Includes: Welcome from the Giro Club staff, Daily Pass, Access to the Hospitality Area at Start, VIP car during race behind a rider or team, Lunch box, Access to the Giro Club Leonardo Truck at finish line with snack & coffee bar service and tv screens, VIP bag of Giro d’Italia, Shuttle service to the start city (on request)
- Pass or experience chosen at check-out
- Children under 9 years of age for every paying adult: free, only applied to Hospitality packages (start and finish passes) and non on experiences (bike, drive, fly and chrono)
- To see the route of the first stage click here
- Customers must arrive at the start town by their own means of transport
- For more information or personal requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +39 02 45386900 (also in the case that during check-out, the Chrono Experience is not shown as available)
- Check here the accreditation and pass collecting point
- Saturday 11 May 2019
BOLOGNA – Piazza Maggiore
- Start Village Opening: 1.45 pm
- Riders’ route practice: 1.45 – 3.45 pm
- Advertising Caravan start: 3.45 pm
- 1st stage start: 4.50 pm (first rider’s start)
BOLOGNA – PIAZZALE DELLA PACE
- Open Village opening : 3.00 – 8.00 pm
BOLOGNA – SAN LUCA
- Advertising Caravan arrival: 4.15 pm
- 1st stage finish: about 8.00 pm (last rider finish)
- Prize giving ceremony
"Umberto Cesari is a member of The Grand Wine Tour Association: a quality brand that certifies hospi...
Come discover the essence of FICO thanks to a journey that will let you explore every corner of the ...
Explore the world of FICO through a journey to discover Italian agricultural production and all that...
We will leave from the Two Towers to continue on a delightful walk in the center of the city, inside...
You only have a few hours to spend in Bologna but you’d still like to discover the essence of the hi...
Bologna is a beautiful city, rich in historical buildings, piazzas and colonnades. The city features...