Three Transylvanian Castles in one day from Brasov
- Explore Bran Castle, the most visited military fortress in Romania
- See Peles Castle, erected by King Carol I of Romania
- Learn about the exciting history and architecture of Pelisor Castle
Romania is not all about castles and fortresses, but they are a big part of its history. Peles, one of the most beautiful castles in Europe, is the work of the first German King of Romania, Carol I of Habsburg. He took over the throne in 1866 and 6 years later started the construction of something that became the summer residence of the Royal Family and the first electrified castle in Europe.
300 feet behind Peles, we have Pelisor Castle, erected between WW1 and WW2, by the Queen Maria of Romania. Both castles were designed by the biggest architect of the era, the Czech man Karl Lihmann, who studied architecture in Germany and ended up working for the Habsburg family for more then 30 years.
Bran Castle was built at the end of the 14th century by the King of Hungary, Ludovic I D'Anjou. Never conquered, it was the Gate of Europe for hundreds of years, helping the kings and rulers of the land, including Vlad III Dracula, to stop first the Huns and later the Ottoman Empire from entering Europe.
Enjoy a traditional lunch on this day of Transylvanian castle exploration!
- Guided tour with an expert tour guide
- Round trip transportation
- Entry fees with video and photo fees included
- Traditional lunch
- Alcoholic drinks
- Children 3-12 years of age: reduced
- Infants 0-2 years of age: free
Piata Sfatului 30, Brasov 500025, Romania
By the fountain in front of the Council City House
- A small amount of walking is involved - please dress comfortably
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- There is a minimum of 2 people required per booking
- Wednesday to Sunday at 7.45am
Brasov is one of the first seven cities built in Transylvania by the Saxons in the 13th century and ...
Romania is not all about castles and fortresses, but they are a big part of its history. Peles, one ...
Traveling in Romania, Bran Castle is a must see! According to the Irish writer Bram Stoker, this was...
Traveling in Romania, Transylvania is a must see, and Brasov is one of the most beautiful cities in ...
Once traveling to Romania, visiting Transylvania is a must! Your guide will meet you at the Council ...
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...