- Explore Ek-Balam ruins in a company of a professional certified guide
- Visit a unique mineral-rich pink lake full of flamingo birds
- Witness tequila manufacturing process and try the product
- Have an authentique Mexican lunch
Explore the recently excavated ruins of Ek Balam, a Mayan city full of carvings, tombs, wall paintings, and mysteries. Visit a tequila factory for a tasting, enjoy lunch, then head to Rio Lagartos, the Yucatan´t famous pink lake, full of flamingo birds.
This day trip to the northern edge of the Yucatan Peninsula combines archaeological and natural wonders, topped off with a little tequila. Be ready in your hotel lobby at 7am for pickup in your private, air-conditioned minivan. Head to Ek Balam, one of the last discovered ancient Mayan cities, which wasn't fully excavated until the 1990s and only recently opened to the public. Your historian guide will walk you through the structures of this fascinating ruin, pointing out hieroglyphs, carvings, and wall paintings. Climb the Acropolis, believed to contain the tomb of an important Mayan ruler.
Onward from Ek Balam, stop at a local tequila factory to get an up-close look at how this famous beverage is made and enjoy a tasting and lunch. Your final stop is Rio Lagartos Lagoon on the northern shore of the Yucatan, located within a nature preserve. The high content of minerals and salt color this lagoon pink. Navigate a small boat to the pink salt lake, catching glimpses of crocodiles and flamingos along the way. Once there, take a dip and cover yourself in the mineral-rich white clay, then jump into the Gulf of Mexico to wash off.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional historian guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tips (optional)
MONUMENTO AL ALBAÑIL, Calle Prol. Av. Kabáh, 92, 77516 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible—please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Hotel pick-up description: the private tour gives you an advantage to be picked at any hotel or apartment you stay in.
- Drop-off/End Point: the end point/drop off point will be the same as pick up point.
Every day at 7.30am
Chichén Itzá is an important Mayan archaeological complex found in Mexico, in the Northern part of t...
Set sail into the turquoise Caribbean Sea and make your way to the Isle of Women, “Isla Mujeres”. Re...
A professional guide will tell you everything there is to know about the site and the Mayan Culture....
Explore Cancun like a local with a professional chef, learn about the local gastronomy and food from...
Visit the ancient Maya ruins of Chichen Itza, Coba, and Tulum during the 12-hour adventure. Cool off...
This 5-hour tour fills your morning with two highlights of the Riviera Maya and returns to your hote...