Night Mayan Temazcal purification ceremony
- Observe what a day in the Mayan community is like
- Participate in a Mayan purification ritual with a real shaman
- Enjoy an authentic Mayan dinner in the middle of the rainforest
Enjoy this unique and magic experience and learn more about ancient culture participating in an authentic Mayan purification ritual - Temazcal, guided by a real shaman. After the ritual, you will be invited to a typical Mayan dinner in the rainforest.
The tour will start with hotel pick-up. Then, you will arrive at an ecological reserve, a small Mayan community in the forest, that maintains its traditions. Here you will visit a typical Mayan cabin where you will learn about its old customs. You will have an introduction to the ceremony of Mayan purification, and you will learn how to play the sea snail, which you will use during the ritual to unite us with the nature. Meet with the Shaman around the ceremonial circle where you will be part of a spectacular ancestral ritual of purification and will have the unique opportunity to enter the Temazcal (old sacred steam bath). Walk in the rain forest until arriving at the illuminated natural well (cenote) at night to swim in crystalline waters. It is an unforgettable experience to enjoy this moment, gain energy and to relax. Hot chocolate is served in a typical Mayan jicara, which you will be able to keep as a gift. Enjoy a typical Mayan dinner with a family from the community before going back to your hotel.
- Guide specialized in the wished language
- Ceremony of purification - Temazcal
- Swim in the natural well (Cenote)
- Typical Mayan dinner with water and soda
- Tips (optional)
MONUMENTO AL ALBAÑIL, Calle Prol. Av. Kabáh, 92, 77516 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- No infants allowed
- Please bring towels, change of clothes, repellent and extra water if needed
- Hotel´s lobby for hotels in Cancun Hotel Zone and Riviera Maya. For downtown hotels and apartments, please ask for pick up details. Please provide the information of the hotel you are staying at
Wednesday and Saturdays at 4.00pm
If you want to know the Mayan ruins of Tulum but avoid the heat and the crowds, take the best pictur...
Spend an amazing day visiting the archaeological zone of Tulum and living a unique experience in Xel...
Enjoy this combo where you’ll get to know one of the 7 wonders of the world: Chichen Itza, and be in...
A professional guide will tell you everything there is to know about the site and the Mayan Culture....
If you are someone who likes to travel, this tour is for you! You’ll have a whole day to admire the ...
Enjoy the latest attraction in Cancun and have fun while you admire the landscapes of the Hotel Zone...