Township tours in Cape Town are a must for anyone wanting to discover the other side of life in Cape Town. These tours take you from the legendary District Six area, to some of Cape Town’s thriving townships such as Langa and Khayelitsha . You will also have the chance to enjoy local delicacies as well as traditional dancing, healers, visit local schools, charismatic churches, shebeens and many other fascinating things to see and do. The people you meet on your township tour will leave you with a new appreciation of the South African philosophy of ‘Ubuntu’, as they share a bit of insight into daily life in the townships of Cape Town. Discover some interesting history and facts about townships in the Cape.
Attractions & guided tours
Townships Cape Town Half Day Tour
Language: English , French
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Includes all entrance tickets so that you can book everything together
- Rest your legs and tour the area aboard a comfortable bus
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- Flexible departure points - let the tour come to you
- No assigned seating so you can choose your favorite spot when you get there
- Meet the local producers and learn about their products
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Evening tours include welcome drink and dinner
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Driver guide
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased on site)
- Infant (0-1 years): free
- Children (2-11 years): reduced
- This tour includes pick-up and drop-off service. Please share your hotel information during booking.
What to remember
- Please indicate your hotel information during booking for the pick-up service
- Important: Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- Morning: 8.00am
- Afternoon: 1.00pm
- No Township tours on Sunday afternoons
African Eagle Day Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.