Guided visit of the Royal Palace of Caserta
- Don't miss the opportunity to see the Royal Palace of Caserta with an expert guide
- A UNESCO World Heritage site including 1,200 rooms and a 120-hectare park
- Discover countless fountains, the English Garden and beautiful frescoes
- Learn about the history of one of Italy's most beautiful royal residences
Join us on this 3-hour guided tour to visit one of the most beautiful royal palaces in Italy and in the whole world – the renowned Royal Palace of Caserta. Inspired by the palaces of Versailles in Paris and El Escorial in Madrid, the Reggia was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997.
The Bourbon King Charles III of Spain commissioned the construction of a new residence that could hold its own against the most important European cities. Built on an area of 45,000 square meters, the project of the residence and garden was assigned to architect Vanvitelli, who designed an austere-style palace on the outside with splendid rooms and halls, surrounded by a park with elegant and majestic fountains.
Walk the 3 km park to admire the so-called 'waterway', whose water comes through the Carolino Aqueduct, an engineering feat designed by Vanvitelli. Stroll in the park to see countless sculptures inspired by classical mythology, not to mention fountains, pools and waterfalls, the most impressive of which is known as the Great Falls (Grande Cascata) of the Fountain of Diana and Actaeon. Climb the hill in front of the palace to visit the English Garden, a journey through colors of native and exotic plants constructed by Maria Carolina, wife of Ferdinand IV of Bourbon.
With 5 floors and reaching an impressive height of 36 meters, the building's interior is of unique beauty: 1,200 rooms, 134 staircases and countless stucco, bas-reliefs, frescoes, sculptures, and inlaid floors that will leave you in awe. Climb the Scala Regia and reach the Royal Apartments. The huge, bright staircase was carved from a single block of marble and is now divided into two parallel staircases. You will also visit the Throne Room and the rooms of the Bourbon royalty, all decorated by great 19th-century artists and furnished by expert silk workers from the nearby factories of San Leucio.
- Skip-the-line tickets with guided visit
- Snacks and drinks
- Anything not mentioned in the included field
- EU citizens between 18 and 24 years old: reduced
- Fixed-term and permanent teachers at Italian schools: reduced
- Children and youth (4-17): reduced
- Infants (0-3): free
Viale Giulio Douhet, 81100 Caserta CE, Italy
Ticket Office of the Royal Palace of Caserta
Via Douhet, 22
- From October to March: every day except Tuesday, 10.00am and 3.00pm
- From April to September: every day except Tuesday, 10.00am
- Days with free admission: June 21, July 26, August 20, October 13, November 23, December 5. The first Sunday of the month from October to March entrance is free
On this private 3-hour guided tour you will discover one of the most beautiful royal palaces in Ital...
The full price ticket costs 6 euros; the reduced ticket costs 2 euros.Originally intended as the res...
The Catacombs of San Gennaro are located on two non-overlapping levels, both characterized by extrem...
Crossing the Arch of Triumph, wanted by Alfonso d'Aragona, a great adventure awaits you among the wo...
Less busy and smaller than Pompeii, Herculaneum is considered by many to be a better preserved examp...
Discover the city of Naples and its wonders during this walking tour that will take you to the histo...
The best way to have a complete picture of the city in a short period of time. Departure by minibus ...
Explore Naples with a 24-hour ticket valid for up to 2 routes on this panoramic hop-on hop-off sight...
Under the Basilica of Santa Maria della Sanità (St. Mary of Health), at the heart of the district, l...
Approfitta di un unico biglietto per accedere ai più importanti circuiti museali di Napoli. Scegli d...