Private day-tour of Mekong Delta and its local life
- Discover Mekong Delta and get away from the city and its crowds
- Enjoy the best local cuisine at a beachfront restaurant
- Observe and discover the daily lives of the local people and visit local markets
The spectacular Mekong River flows 4,350 kilometers from its origins in the Himalayas through seven different countries, eventually spilling into the South China Sea. Flowing south from Ho Chi Minh City, the river leads to the pulsating Mekong Delta, an area teeming with wildlife and lush mangroves. Spend the day exploring this beautiful area and discovering how the local people of the region live in harmony with the mighty river.
A suggested itinerary for the day follows:
- 8.00am: you will meet the guide at your hotel and you will be taken for a pleasant drive out of the busy city to Can Duoc Town
- 8.45am: there will be a stop by Can Duoc market - a small rural market where locals sell specialties of their province. Walk around the market, buy some fruits for dessert after lunch time
- 9.30am: transfer to Tan Hoa town, where you will see people drying rice, planting cabbage, and basking incense sticks. Take a break on the road to visit a local house and see how the people work. Take some pictures and enjoy the atmosphere of the countryside
- 10.30am: you will pay a short visit to Tan Trung village and the beautiful and colorful Cao Dai temple. Then visit a 100-year-old temple
- 11.30am: upon arriving in Tan Hoa, enjoy fresh coconut juice or sugarcane juice at a local garden, relax in a hammock, hop on the back of a scooter with your local driver and ride through remote villages and walk on the monkey bridge. Enjoy the lively but peaceful rural atmosphere
- 12.15pm: drive to Tan Thanh beach (not for swimming) for a beautiful seafood lunch at a beachfront restaurant. Afterwards, you will drive from Tan Thanh to My Tho Pier (1 hour). One the way, you will stop to visit Vinh Trang temple, which is surrounded by ornamental tree gardens, ancient trees, and bonsai
- 2.30pm: ride a local motor boat on the Mekong river to reach Ben Tre coconut island, where you can visit a coconut candy factory and handicraft workshop
- 6.30pm: the tour finishes at your hotel
- Transportation by Limousine Ford Transit 2016
- All entrance fees
- Boat trip, motorbike trip
- English speaking guide
- Beer, fruit, yogurt, mineral water and cool tissue served during car ride
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Children ages 5-11: reduced
- Infants ages 0-4: free
You will be picked up and dropped off at your hotel. Kindly contact the tour operator to arrange your pick-up. More information can be found in the voucher.
- Daily at 8.00am
Visit an island with lush tropical gardens where you will have a chance to sample tropical fruit. Co...
This skip-the-line ticket to the Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre in Hanoi lets you experience one of...
Getting to know the food is also a great way to learn about the country. Vietnamese food is a large ...
Start the tour with a boat trip to Cam Kim Village. You will head to the Family Temple and discover ...
Get off the beaten path to discover parts of legendary Hue that most visitors don't have the chance ...
Start your day with pickup from your hotel and depart to My Tho. Upon arrival, you will take a boat ...