Isle of Skye & Eilean Donan castle tour for small groups
- Explore the breathtaking Isle of Skye
- See the iron age stone tower of Dun Beag Broch
- Walk around the colourful harbour-side town of Portree
- Visit the iconic 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle
- Marvel at the beauty of the world-famous Loch Ness
- Travel aboard a luxury mini-coach
Your journey will start as you leave Inverness over the Kessock Bridge, allowing you to experience stunning views over the Moray Firth. The first stop will be at Strathcarron hamlet, situated at the head of the sea loch, Loch Carron, between the rivers of Carron and Taodail.
Next, you will cross over to the little island of Eilean Ban before reaching the star of this tour: Skye. Your tour of this magical island will allow you to take in stunning views onto the Cuillin Hills and the Sligachan Bridge. You will then continue along the west coast of Skye, and visit Dun Beag Broch, the best preserved and the most accessible broch on Skye. It’s a short walk to this broch and it’s worth it, the views across Loch Bracadale, Loch Harport and over to the Cuillin are truly superb.
Upon arrival to Portree, the capital of Skye, you will have free time at your disposal for lunch. You can enjoy a traditional fish and chips in the colorful harbor on the east side of the island. After a relaxing lunch, you will make your way off the island and to Eilean Donan, one of Scotland's most picturesque castles. It is perched on its own island at the head of Loch Duich. You will have enough time here to tour the castle and its surroundings at your own pace.
You will then stop close to the loch at the little village of Invermoriston, where you can take in the views and see a delightful ruined bridge which was designed by Thomas Telford, the same engineer who created the Caledonian Canal. Your day will end with a bit of monster spotting as you drive along the shore of Loch Ness.
- Professional driver-guide
- Transportation on a 16 seater mini-coach with air-conditioning
- Entrance fee to Eilean Donan Castle
- Children aged 3-15 years
- Adults over 60 years
- Students (with ID)
Inverness Bus Station
Inverness IV1 1LT
- This tour has a maximum of 16 participants
- As you will travel in mini-coaches, luggage space is limited. You can bring one cabin sized piece of luggage, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, which cannot exceed 15kg, to be stored in the boot of the bus and one small handbag or rucksack to have on the bus with you
- This tour does not accept children under the age of 3
- Entrance to Eilean Donan Castle can be purchased on site. Please check the official website for opening hours.
- Adult (16 - 59 yrs): £7.50
- Concession (60 yrs+): £6.50
- Children (5-15 yrs): £4.00
- Children under 5 years old: free
- Family (2 Adults + 3 Children Age 5-15): £20.00
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday year round
- Daily from 7th May to 30th September
- Departs from meeting point at 08.00am (check in 07.45am)
- Return to meeting point around 07.30pm
Your journey will start as you leave Inverness over the Kessock Bridge, allowing you to experience s...
Join this tour from Inverness to the Isle of Skye and head straight to Loch Ness. You will journey t...
Your trip to the beautiful Applecross Peninsula starts with a drive across the scenic Black Isle. Yo...
The tour will depart from Inverness, and you will make our way to the little village of Drumnadrochi...
As you leave Inverness, you will journey north and head across the beautiful Black Isle to the Croma...
As you leave Inverness, you will journey to the nearby Cawdor Castle. With a series of incredible ga...
Join the walking tour and visit the murals and memorial gardens of the communities on the Falls Road...
With this package, you'll enjoy 24-hour hop on hop off access to River Thames sightseeing boats as w...
Spit spot! It’s time for our Mary Poppins tour of London. This two hour walking tour is the most pra...
Visit Cutty Sark and experience what life was like on board a true survivor of the seas and discover...