Enter a tiny lane called Maniharon ka rasta in Jaipur and you are surrounded by shops and workshops of a small community that has transformed the craft of making objects out of the resin-deposit of the Lac insect, into a style of jewelry unique to Rajasthan. Ambling through this lane, we learn the history of this community and how they arrived in Jaipur in the 18th century. We step into one of these workshops to see craftsmen whose families have been working for as long as seven generations, in action, as resin blocks are gently heated, drawn, twisted and buffed into beautiful bangles. Lac is also used as a bhairav (filler) for gold and meenakari bangles. When Hindu women get married, they wear green and red Lac bangles. These are also worn to mark festivals like Teej and Gangaur. Lac is also used to make pen holders and other decorative items. Back in the days, these were used as gifts to the Kings.
Half-day the legacy of Lac in Jaipur
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Visit the lake Maniharon ka rasta to make your trip memorable
- See the craftsmen whose families have been working for a long as seven generations
- Enjoy a variety of shop surrounded
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (age 6-11): reduced
- Infants (age 0-5): free of charge
Pick-up only from city hotel in Jaipur. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Bring your own water bottle, sunglasses, and caps
- Dressed in full-length trousers and half/full sleeve tops to gel seamlessly with the crowd are suggested
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are suggested
- During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address
- Supplement for Pick-up from hotels outside diameter of 10 km from the city center to be paid on site:
- USD 25 Per Person (2-5 Pax)
- USD 20 Per Person (6-7 Pax)
- Starting time 02.00 pm
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.