- Enjoy a relaxing ride from Kuala Lumpur, accompanied by a professional driver/guide
- Walk to markets and various food stalls to experience delicious Malay dishes
- Delight your taste buds with mouthwatering barbecued fish and curry noodles
- Visit prominent landmarks such as the Ipoh Town Hall, Birch Memorial Clock Tower, and Ipoh Railway Station
Your full-day trip from Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh, known for its vibrant food scene includes a day full of good eats and visits to iconic historical sights. You'll:
- Begin your adventure with a delicious breakfast.
- Visit the best spots to savor the mouthwatering kaya puffs (flaky pastry with a jam filling) and the amazing hor hee (light fish cakes served with white rice noodles)
- Discover the landmarks of British colonialism such as the impressive Ipoh Town Hall, the exquisite Ipoh Railway Station dating back to 1894 and the majestic Birch Memorial Clock Tower
- Take a break to sip a cup of Ipoh’s famous white coffee
- The lush and green recreational park Gunung Lang, located 5 km (3 miles) north of the city offering a marvelous lake with a cascading waterfall, a mini zoo, and a long spectacular boardwalk across the swamp
- The magnificent Perak Tong comprised of hidden grottoes and recesses, a cave-temple boasting more than 40 Buddha statues scattered around its premises including the A stunning 12-meter golden Buddha
- Kellie’s Castle - a derelict mansion built by a Scottish planter
Your food tour will continue while you walk through the array of local markets. Here you can feast on a wide variety of local Malay treats: curry noodles, fried turnips known as sa kok, caramel custard, chicken rice, and hakka mee – meatballs with cuttlefish and noodles. Next you can try the yummy traditional dessert named muah chee or stop by a local cafe to try the amazing ice balls.
Ipoh people are also big on snacks, so don’t miss the unusual tapioca chips, fried beans, and murukku (crunchy rice twists) that are favored by millions of people across the country. But don’t worry, because your guide will show you everything! Finally, you’ll get back to your comfortable car and set off to Kuala Lumpur, where you’ll be safely taken to your hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your Kuala Lumpur hotel
- Breakfast and lunch
- Mineral water
- Full-day tour in air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Personal expenses
- Infants 2 and under are free
You will be picked up direct from your hotel in Kuala Lumpur or Petaling Jaya. You will be asked to provide your hotel information when making your reservation.
- The tour and itinerary may change without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances
- You will be advised of any change as soon as possible or receive a full refund
- Daily: 6.00am
During your elephant sanctuary day trip from Kuala Lumpur, you'll discover the biodiversity of the r...
During your day trip from Kuala Lumpur to the historical city of Malacca, you'll visit many amazing ...
See the dramatic cityscape of Kuala Lumpur from its tallest set of buildings with a skip-the-line ti...
If you have just one day in Kuala Lumpur, this customized city tour is perfect. You will be picked u...
Your nature in the city tour of Kuala Lumpur begins in the the Orchid Garden where you will admire 3...
Putrajaya is Malaysia's administrative center, named after its first prime minister, Tunku Abdul Rah...
Enjoy a round-trip minivan transfer to Sunway Lagoon theme park from your hotel. Upon arrival at the...
Kuala Lumpur has a multitude of amazing sights and during this full-day tour you'll see the top ten ...
WOW KL is The Malaysia's Largest Dining & Cultural Show Venue. They provide good international buffe...
See some of the world's most exotic water and land animals at Aquaria KLCC's 60,000-square-foot ocea...