Day trip to Ipoh from Kuala Lumpur
- Enjoy a relaxing ride from Kuala Lumpur, accompanied by a professional driver/guide
- Walk to markets and various food stalls to experience delicious Malay dishes
- Delight your taste buds with mouthwatering barbecued fish and curry noodles
- Visit prominent landmarks such as the Ipoh Town Hall, Birch Memorial Clock Tower, and Ipoh Railway Station
Your full-day trip from Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh, known for its vibrant food scene includes a day full of good eats and visits to iconic historical sights. You'll:
- Begin your adventure with a delicious breakfast.
- Visit the best spots to savor the mouthwatering kaya puffs (flaky pastry with a jam filling) and the amazing hor hee (light fish cakes served with white rice noodles)
- Discover the landmarks of British colonialism such as the impressive Ipoh Town Hall, the exquisite Ipoh Railway Station dating back to 1894 and the majestic Birch Memorial Clock Tower
- Take a break to sip a cup of Ipoh’s famous white coffee
- The lush and green recreational park Gunung Lang, located 5 km (3 miles) north of the city offering a marvelous lake with a cascading waterfall, a mini zoo, and a long spectacular boardwalk across the swamp
- The magnificent Perak Tong comprised of hidden grottoes and recesses, a cave-temple boasting more than 40 Buddha statues scattered around its premises including the A stunning 12-meter golden Buddha
- Kellie’s Castle - a derelict mansion built by a Scottish planter
Your food tour will continue while you walk through the array of local markets. Here you can feast on a wide variety of local Malay treats: curry noodles, fried turnips known as sa kok, caramel custard, chicken rice, and hakka mee – meatballs with cuttlefish and noodles. Next you can try the yummy traditional dessert named muah chee or stop by a local cafe to try the amazing ice balls.
Ipoh people are also big on snacks, so don’t miss the unusual tapioca chips, fried beans, and murukku (crunchy rice twists) that are favored by millions of people across the country. But don’t worry, because your guide will show you everything! Finally, you’ll get back to your comfortable car and set off to Kuala Lumpur, where you’ll be safely taken to your hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your Kuala Lumpur hotel
- Breakfast and lunch
- Mineral water
- Full-day tour in air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Personal expenses
- Infants 2 and under are free
You will be picked up direct from your hotel in Kuala Lumpur or Petaling Jaya. You will be asked to provide your hotel information when making your reservation.
- The tour and itinerary may change without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances
- You will be advised of any change as soon as possible or receive a full refund
- Daily: 6.00am
See the dramatic cityscape of Kuala Lumpur from its tallest set of buildings with a skip-the-line ti...
Despite the growing skyline of a modern metropolis, Kuala Lumpur has always been charming and full o...
Borneo Tropical Rainforest is an agro and nature resort nestled in the natural setting of pristine a...
Filled with interesting sorts of cityscapes and cultural destinations, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia has ...
The capital of Sabah continues to grow as a tourist destination, and you're going to see its beauty ...
Penang is home to an interesting selection of temples and natural wonders which are sure to delight ...