Next to the Kennedy Space Center and Canaveral Air Force Base is 140,000 acres of pristine wilderness known as the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (MINWR). Mangroves edge the water and provide habitat for alligators, manatees, dolphins, and hundreds of different species of birds. In fact, The MINWR is home to one of the largest populations of the endangered scrub jay, and a number of wood stokes. Admire this birding paradise; the best way to see many of these creatures is from a kayak. Sometimes you can also see a rocket being prepared for launch peeking over the horizon to your south!
Merritt Island Beacon 42 paddle experience
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 4 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Explore the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Admire 140,000 acres of pristine wilderness
- Admire a unique birding paradise
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- The use of a sit-on kayak
- All needed equipment (i.e., paddle, personal floatation device PFD)
- Guide (English speaking)
What's not included
- Tips (Optional)
Beacon 42 Boat Ramp, Courtenay Pkwy N, Florida, USA
This paddle launches from the Beacon 42 boat ramp in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
What to remember
- The location is approximately an hour's drive from Orlando
- This activity is suitable for all skill levels
- Length: This paddle is about 5 miles roundtrip
- This paddle is suitable for kids over the age of 12
- The activity requires a minimum of 3 paddlers
- You should bring water and sunscreen
- Please note: after your purchase, you'll have to complete a waiver, you will receive it by email
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Go Kayaking Tours, Inc.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.