- Enjoy an authentic Singaporean Peranakan experience
- Taste the famous local homemade dishes
- Avoid the tourist traps and dine with a talented local chef
About the host:
As a child, I always watched my mum in the kitchen and was her handy sous-chef. So during my undergraduate studies in Australia, where I lived in a dorm with 7 other people, I naturally took on the role of the dorm chef. This meant handling the grocery funds to whipping up meals for 6-10 housemates almost daily. I really enjoyed the exploratory experiences and developed a mindset that food brings people together. My housemates and I would sit and chat over the food, exchanging feedback and tips for improving our next meal together. It was also during these conversations that I learned about the diversity of our cultures and grew to appreciate the widespread menus that each culture offered.
Over the years, I have hosted a multitude of informal sessions including cusines reflecting our Straits Chinese heritage, Singapore Local delicacies, Korean BBQ and Samgetong (Korean Korean Ginseng Chicken broth), Japanese Ramen and all izakaya and loads of Singaporean Cantonese fare.
It is my desire to allow each guest to have an experience that encompasses all the 5 senses thus allowing my guests to be totally immersed in this culinary experience.
The menu will include:
1 DIY experience + 2 mains (1 poultry+ 1 seafood) + 1 side + 1 DIY + 1 dessert+ Snacks.
Kueh Pie tee dishes: A type of crispy cups "burrito". Here we invite you to Do-It-Yourself! Put on your chef hats and get your hands dirty and try making this popular Singaporean dish yourself. Choose among the ingredients that we have laid out, and my family and I will teach you how to fill it up. Extras upon request: the infamous 'labour of love' DIY Poh Piah.
2. Starters: Chap Chye (Mixed stewed vegetables with Nyona seasonings- a must try and must have for each meal setting)
3. Mains (Meat): Rendang Chicken/Rendang Beef
4. Mains (Seafood): Sambal Udang/Sambal Sotong (Chili prawns)/Fried Seabass with freshly pound Sambal blachan
5. Sides: Accompanied by PremiumThai Fragrant White Rice
6. Dessert: Pulot Hitam with Coconut ice cream dressed with Mint leaves or a Selection of Nyona Kuehs Kuehs
Location: Our home is in a peaceful, hilly side at the east of Singapore. Conveniently located at a 7 minute walk from Tanah Merah MRT station, you will walk alongside beautiful terrace houses to reach ours. When the weather permits, we dine in our garden.
- Non alcoholic beverages
- Infants: free
- Children: reduced
- Close to Tanah Merah MRT station
- Menu is customizable
- Gluten-free options available
- Dietary restricitions can be discussed
- After booking you will receive an email with the host details and time confirmation
- Start times are flexible and adaptable after booking. Please let the hostess know about your time preference
- The experience runs every day
- You can select a time when you make the booking, 7pm or 8pm
- Times are flexible and will be confirmed after your booking
- The start time is adaptable to your preferences and discussable with the host
The Chinatown complex, the largest hawker centre in Singapore, with over 220 stalls. With all those ...
Singapore is the crowning glory of Southeast Asia. It is one of the region’s top holiday destination...
Singapore is one of the most modern and developed cities of this century. It is a concrete jungle fu...
You might have seen animals in the zoo during the day time. However, how many of you can say that yo...
Singapore is a great urban city, but their citizens are also nature centric. Despite the presence of...
The Singapore city tour is not complete until you take a ride in the giant Ferris wheel of the city,...
The three-hectare National Orchid Garden is situated inside the Singapore Botanic Gardens, the count...
Since 1973, Singapore Zoo has been known for having among the most beautiful wildlife park settings ...
The Sentosa Monorail Express connects mainland Singapore to Sentosa. Comprised of four stations that...
S.E.A. Aquarium™ is home to more than 100,000 marine animals and over 800 species. Spread across 10 ...