Dine under the stars: a Nonya Peranakan cuisine experience
- Enjoy an authentic Singaporean Peranakan experience
- Taste the famous local homemade dishes
- Avoid the tourist traps and dine with a talented local chef
About the host:
As a child, I always watched my mum in the kitchen and was her handy sous-chef. So during my undergraduate studies in Australia, where I lived in a dorm with 7 other people, I naturally took on the role of the dorm chef. This meant handling the grocery funds to whipping up meals for 6-10 housemates almost daily. I really enjoyed the exploratory experiences and developed a mindset that food brings people together. My housemates and I would sit and chat over the food, exchanging feedback and tips for improving our next meal together. It was also during these conversations that I learned about the diversity of our cultures and grew to appreciate the widespread menus that each culture offered.
Over the years, I have hosted a multitude of informal sessions including cusines reflecting our Straits Chinese heritage, Singapore Local delicacies, Korean BBQ and Samgetong (Korean Korean Ginseng Chicken broth), Japanese Ramen and all izakaya and loads of Singaporean Cantonese fare.
It is my desire to allow each guest to have an experience that encompasses all the 5 senses thus allowing my guests to be totally immersed in this culinary experience.
The menu will include:
1 DIY experience + 2 mains (1 poultry+ 1 seafood) + 1 side + 1 DIY + 1 dessert+ Snacks.
Kueh Pie tee dishes: A type of crispy cups "burrito". Here we invite you to Do-It-Yourself! Put on your chef hats and get your hands dirty and try making this popular Singaporean dish yourself. Choose among the ingredients that we have laid out, and my family and I will teach you how to fill it up. Extras upon request: the infamous 'labour of love' DIY Poh Piah.
2. Starters: Chap Chye (Mixed stewed vegetables with Nyona seasonings- a must try and must have for each meal setting)
3. Mains (Meat): Rendang Chicken/Rendang Beef
4. Mains (Seafood): Sambal Udang/Sambal Sotong (Chili prawns)/Fried Seabass with freshly pound Sambal blachan
5. Sides: Accompanied by PremiumThai Fragrant White Rice
6. Dessert: Pulot Hitam with Coconut ice cream dressed with Mint leaves or a Selection of Nyona Kuehs Kuehs
Location: Our home is in a peaceful, hilly side at the east of Singapore. Conveniently located at a 7 minute walk from Tanah Merah MRT station, you will walk alongside beautiful terrace houses to reach ours. When the weather permits, we dine in our garden.
- Non alcoholic beverages
- Infants: free
- Children: reduced
- Close to Tanah Merah MRT station
- Menu is customizable
- Gluten-free options available
- Dietary restricitions can be discussed
- After booking you will receive an email with the host details and time confirmation
- Start times are flexible and adaptable after booking. Please let the hostess know about your time preference
- The experience runs every day
- You can select a time when you make the booking, 7pm or 8pm
- Times are flexible and will be confirmed after your booking
- The start time is adaptable to your preferences and discussable with the host
This is Combo product will give you access to both Universal Studios Singapore® and The Singapore To...
See Singapore onboard the Singapore GOURMETbus that will take you to the city's best sights with the...
Your incredible Hop-on Hop-off Singapore adventure commences at Suntec City. Not just a shopping cen...
Cycling through lush green valleys, vineyards and olive groves is just a few of the things you can e...
The Korcula archipelago's 20 islands, islets and cliffs stand out for their beauty even in such as b...
An iconic way to explore the Singapore River is by hopping on a traditional Singaporean bumboat at C...