- Visit the towns of Positano and Amalfi with free time to explore
- Enjoy an authentic mozzarella tasting in a local farm
- Roundtrip transportation from Sorrento by private coach
The Amalfi Coast is home to some of the most beautiful scenery the world has to offer. Its lush peaks reaching heights of over 4,000 feet seem to dive into emerald waters, secluded bays and cozy beaches, with tiny pastel villages springing up here and there all the way down. Its beauty and harmony will mesmerize you. This Amalfi Coast tour from Sorrento offers comfortable transportation by private coach as well as a boat tour from Positano to Amalfi and free time to explore tiny picturesque streets, all with a passionate guide to bring your experiences to life.
After meeting in Sorrento, you’ll slowly enter the winding roads and lemon orchards that characterize this part of the Campania region. Listen to the local history and take note of insider recommendations from your guide, so you’ll know where to go for the best food. Along the way, you’ll also have the chance to stop for amazing photos at the most evocative vista points.
You will take your time to visit Positano, the most picturesque town on the entire coast, where pristine houses seem to tumble down into the sea amid narrow alleyways, chic boutiques, typical restaurants and ‘Dolce vita’ cafés. Despite its present glamor, Positano was once a nearly abandoned fishing village until it was ‘rediscovered’ by international jet-setters, filmmakers and writers, making it a haven for the elite. Come here, and it’s easy to see why. Its charm will seep into your pores as you shop for local ‘limoncello,’ visit the church of Santa Maria Assunta or soak it all in from a restaurant terrace.
Then, you will transfer to Amalfi by boat to enjoy this stunning coast from a different perspective: the sea. We take time to explore Amalfi, the former capital of the maritime republic that gave the whole area its name. Once one of the most important trading powers in the Mediterranean, this port city in miniature is home to a dazzling piazza, pristine medieval cathedral and streets that will captivate you with their fairytale-like flavor. Here you’ll also have free time for lunch, climb the immense staircase to the Cathedral (‘Duomo’) to visit its arabesque cloister, as well as shop for Amalfi’s famous handmade ‘bambagina’ paper. If you prefer to relax on the beach, its tiny bay is an inviting place for a dip.
Savor the opportunity to visit a local farm and see how one of Italy’s most famous foods is made in a tour that's delicious and educational. Also known as ‘the queen of Mediterranean cuisine,’ real cow mozzarella cheese is made with pure cow’s milk, and it will be hard to go back to the stuff back home once you’ve tried it. Before your tasting, you will have the opportunity to see the entire process: from the milk taken directly from the cows at the farm, the local farmer will demonstrate how authentic mozzarella is still produced by hand today. We will also have the opportunity to learn about the other activities at the farm and to see an old olive oil mill. Finally learn how limoncello is made and even sample some, before hopping back on your private coach with your guide to enjoy the short ride back to Sorrento.
- Boat tour from Positano to Amalfi
- Round transportation on air conditioned comfortable bus
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child 2-14 years of age: reduced
- Infants under 2 years of age: free
Piazza Angelina Lauro, 22, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
In Piazza Angelina Lauro, on the side of the square bordering with the Corso Italia street.
- This tour ends around 5.30pm at the Sorrento Bus Parking
- Please note that the boat journey from Positano to Amalfi might occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness please take any necessary precautions before your journey. Please note that when the boat is not available, the transfer from Positano to Amalfi will happen by bus.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on this tour.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Meeting Time: 8.45am
- Departure Time: 9.00am
Drive along the Amalfi Coast taking in spectacular views, rolling hills, and quaint towns, see the s...
With this Sorrento hop-on hop-off bus tour you’ll discover the treasures of a Mediterranean gem.Hop ...
Pick-up from the hotel and transfer to the port of Piano di Sorrento. Boarding and sail towards the ...
Pick-up in Hotel and transfer by minibus to Pompeii. At the arrival, enjoy a 2 hours visit to Pompei...
Da Sorrento a Palermo in 5 giorni!Il giorno prima della partenza, faremo una grande festa e brief a ...
Inspired by the popular Three Tenors in Concert performance by L. Pavarotti, P. Domingo and J. Carre...