Tallinn city tour shore excursion
- Be enchanted by medieval atmosphere of Tallinn's Old Town
- Stroll along and admire Tallinn's must-see landmarks
- Enjoy some leisure time for shopping or further exploration of the city
Your Tallinn city tour shore excursion lets you see as many city sights as possible within walking distance of the Old Town plus two hours of leisure time.
On your way to the Old Town, you will see the famous Fat Margaret Tower, Great Coastal Gate and the city's defensive walls. The sea port is a five-minute drive from the Old Town which is divided into the Lower Town ('All-Iinn') and Upper Town ('Toompea') where you will take a walking tour of the latter.
Your guide will provide an historical overview of the city accompanied by some details about Estonian lifestyle, customs and traditions. Sites you'll see include:
- The 13th-century St Olaf's Church, the highest medieval structure in Tallinn
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (orthodox cathedral);
- The Three Sisters Houses,or three merchant homes, the first record of which dates back 1362. Nowadays this five-star hotel attracts visitors from all over the world
- One of the world's oldest functioning pharmacies
- Several merchant houses which leave an overwhelming impression on Tallinn guests, as they appear to be out of a fairy tale
- Scenic views from Toompea Hill where you will see Virgin Mary's Cathedral
At the end of your tour get ready to relax and enjoy free time in the city. You can take pictures, have a stroll, drop in a souvenir shop/cafe/restaurant before being picked up to return to the ship at the designated time.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Port pick-up and drop-off for round-trip shared transfer in a mini-bus
- 2 hours 45 min walking tour
- 2 hours of free time
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
- Your guide will be waiting for your outside the main port gate outside the cruise harbor
- Your guide is not allowed to walk inside the port
- Due to port reconstruction, meeting locations have changed and you have to walk 5-15 minutes from your ship (depending on the pier number) to reach the meeting point of private tour operators.
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This is a shared small-group tour
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour is NOT recommended for ferry passengers
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You may spend more time in the city and return to the ship later than the others, although it is necessary to notify your guide about your intention beforehand
- At the time of booking cruise passengers must provide the cruise ship name and lead passenger name
- The tour availability depends on the port schedule. The tour starting time and instructions will be sent to you via email - please CHECK emails before the tour, as we can send the important information
- Your tour begins 30 minutes after ship docks (or if other time is specified by your tour operator)
- Tour operates from 1 May to 30 September
Join the group at the Viru Gate to discover the Old Town Tallinn with your knowledgable and local gu...
Stunning panoramic views are what's on offer here. You'll get an unparalleled bird's-eye perspective...
Cordoba is ripe for exploring and there's no better way to do so than by hop-on hop-off bus. In a ci...
Selwo Aventura Park is like a slice of Africa in the Costa Del Sol. A huge variety of beasts call th...
Clacking heels on stage, Spanish guitars and shouts of olé are the soundtrack to this afternoon expe...
For an evening filled with lights, magic and music, look no further than Cyprus's very own Magic Dan...