Friulian food and wine tasting at Cecchini Marco Winery
- Discover the wines of the eastern hills of Friuli
- Visit a prized winery with great quality, affordable wine
- Enjoy a wine tasting with choice of local food pairing
The L'Azienda Agricola Cecchini Marco was born in 1998 on a small piece of land in the eastern hills of Friuli. While the wine production here was initially very casual as was much wine production in Friuli Venezia Giulia, where there is a long and spirituous wine tradition, the wine production later become more structured, and the quality of the wines increased. Before harvest, the nearly 35,000 grapevines are pruned and cared for up to seven times a year. Since 2005, the Cecchini Winery has been an organic winery following a simple and natural wine making protocol.
The experience and offer
Visitors will have a hands-on, concrete and thorough experience to understand what goes into producing a bottle of wine. You will begin with a short walk to the top of the hill to take in the beauty of the hillside from an old 1867 shepherd's shelter after which the winery and its wine are named. You will take a full tour of the winery before enjoying a tasting session with local food products that will make this visit exciting for lovers of both good wine and food.
There are two tastings available:
- INTRODUCTORY TASTING - 3 local wines (typically a choice of one white wine, Ns Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso, a Friulian red wine and the Verduzzo Fr. Passito "Verlit" to finish with a sweet flavor - 10.00am and 5.00pm
- LIGHT DINNER - 5 local wines paired with a tasting platter using seasonal, locally grown products that compliment the flavors of the wines and therefore adds to this intimate and sensorial tasting experience
- Winery visit
- Tasting of 3 or 5 local wines including Refosco and Verduzzo
- Choice of dinner made with all local 0 km products
- Transportation (available upon request)
The Cecchini Marco Winery is featured in many national guides including Gambero Rosso, Slow Food, Vini Buoni d'Italia, Vitae AIS and others including The Wine Advocate di Robert Parker.
An example of food/wine pairing for the Light Dinner option:
- Pinot Grigio Marco IGT Venezia Giulia – Cracked farro with collard greens and e smoked trout
- Friulano DOC Friuli Colli Orientali “Tove' 1867” - Pumpkin puré with chestnuts and smoked ricotta
- Riesling Renano IGT Venezia Giulia – Polenta gnocchi with porcini mushrooms
- Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso DOC Friuli Coli Orientali – Lamb roast with herbs
- Verlit Verduzzo Friulano DOC Friuli Colli Orientali - Local dessert
Every day at 10.00am and 5.00pm
In 1869, the French Count Theodore La Tour and the Austrian Coutness Elvine Ritter von Zahony, gave ...
The StoryThe Alberti family has a long entrepreneurial tradition that begins around 1700 with farmin...
The Zoff Farm was born from the Zoff Family's love of nature and animals. Since 2016, the business h...
In 1985, Mont'Albano was born in the heart of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region as a part of the Maur...
This select excursion takes you to Pompeii and Herculaneum to discover two of the world's greatest a...
Dominated by Mt Epomeo, Ischia's a small but mountainous island off the northen tip of the Bay of Na...