Vienna Sightseeing hop-on hop-off bus and guided walking tour
- Get to know Vienna at your own pace with an audioguide
- Take advantage of 50 hop-on hop-off bus stops
- See Hofburg Palace, St. Stephen's, State Opera and more
- Visit the old town with a guided city walk free of charge
From the fabled State Opera to the elegant Museum of Art History and the lively Schwedenplatz Square, Vienna has a lot of ground to cover and a hop-on hop-off bus ticket allows you to take in as much or as little as you want in 24, 48 or 72 hours. The many stops at all the important Viennese highlights allow you to create your own program or just to go with the flow.
- RED LINE: The RED LINE takes you to the most important buildings along the Ringstraße boulevard, from the State Opera past the Imperial Palace, the Museum of Art History, Parliament and Vienna City Hall to Burgtheater. From there, the route continues on past the Augarten park to Schwedenbrücke and back to the Opera via Stadtpark and Kursalon.
- YELLOW LINE: This line takes you from the State Opera to Schönbrunn Palace. Other stops along the route are the famous Naschmarkt, known for its culinary delights and international atmosphere, Vienna Main Station, the Museum of Military History and Belvedere Palace.
- BLUE LINE: The BLUE LINE takes you from the Museum of Applied Arts directly to Kunsthaus Wien and the Hundertwasser Museum. The route continues past the Prater amusement park with the Giant Ferris Wheel - one of Vienna’s most famous landmarks – the 150-metre Danube Tower and the Old Danube, a quiet sidearm of the mighty river.
- GREEN LINE: The GREEN LINE takes you from the city centre to Grinzing on the outskirts of Vienna, famous for its vineyards and the many traditional wine taverns (Heurigen). From there, the route takes you up Kahlenberg, which affords a magnificent view of the city.
- GREY LINE (Sat & Sun from 17th March until 28th October 2018): Take the GREY LINE to get comfortably from Vienna to the Roman City Carnuntum, Imperial Palace Schloss Hof and Niederweiden Palace. You will get a 20% discount on admission to Imperial Palace Schloss Hof, Niederweiden and Carnuntum with your HOP ON HOP OFF ticket.
Explore Vienna’s city centre on a guided city walk. You will hear interesting facts about Austria’s capital and see some of the 1st district’s most famous buildings, such as St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the State Opera. Moreover, our tour guide not only shows you the most popular tourist attractions such as the Spanish Riding School and Hotel Sacher but also tells you many background stories about Vienna.
See a timetable of the routes and walking tour here.
- Hop-on Hop-off tour with VIENNA SIGHTSEEING busses (duration depending on the choosen option)
- Audio guides in 16 languages on the bus
- Free guided city walk in English and German
- Kids channel in English and German
- Free Wi-Fi on the busses
- Admission to the seen sites
- Boat ride
- Horse-drawn carriage ride
- Children (3-12 years): reduced
- Infants (0-2 years): free (despite, a ticket is required; please choose the option 0.00 Euro)
Opernring 2, 1010 Wien, Austria
You may start your sightseeing tour at any of the Hop-on Hop-off stops. The starting point „State Opera“ is only one of the options.The free walking tour starts at the State Opera, Opernring 2, 1010 Vienna
- Audioguides in 16 languages are available on the bus: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Romanian, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and Arabic
- Please note: some of the bus lines and stops are available seasonally
- Every day between 9.30 /11.00am and 5.30 /7.00pm
- Frequency between 8 and 15 minutes
Free guided walking tour:
- From 30 March till 3 April and from 19 May till 2 September: daily
- English: 11.30am, 2.30pm, 4.30pm
- German: 10.30am, 12.30pm, 3.30pm
- From 4 April till 18 May and from 3 September till 1 November: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- Englisch: 12.30pm, 3.30pm
- German: 11.30am, 2.30pm
- Meeting point: State Opera, Opernring 2, 1010 Vienna
You can find the times also here
For those who want to explore Vienna, the red Vienna City Card is a great stratagem to spend less fo...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Have you ever wondered what life must be like on the shadowy side of Vienna? Discover the challenges...
On this walking tour in Vienna you will see where it all began! How did an Austrian postcard painter...
Vienna is full of gay and lesbian history like almost no other European city. Not only the capital o...
Experience Vienna in a 2-hour tour from a different perspective. Discover the many facets of homeles...
Mauthausen concentration camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labour camp complexes in the T...
The Leopold Collection is one of the most important collections of modern Austrian art in the world ...
At the Mozarthaus Vienna visitors can explore the only Vienna apartment of Mozart’s that has been pr...
Become part of a 200-year-old tradition, listen to some of the most magic waltzes composed by the le...