- Learn all about the area with the assistance of your informative personal guide
- Discover the seaside town of Whitby
- Visit the North York Moors National Park
Take a day out from York on your own private tour to explore the North York Moors National Park and Whitby, passing by the famous Kilburn White Horse hill figure and visiting the market town of Helmsley, the village of Goathland (Heartbeat and Harry Potter filming location) and the fishing port of Whitby. See Whitby Abbey (inspiration for the Dracula books), visit the Captain Cook Museum, shop for some Whitby Jet or Gothic Fashion or sample Fish 'n' Chips from the famous Magpie Cafe. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this private minicoach tour, for any group size up to a maximum of 15
After pick-up from Yorrk, you'll set off to explore the scenic and picturesque North York Moors National Park & the seaside town of Whitby. You will visit Helmsley and head up over the North York Moors for some photo stops, passing the 16th century Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge (the highest point on the moors) and Ralph's Cross, then through the quaint and picturesque Yorkshire villages that lead down into Whitby. As you arrive in Whitby, you will hear stories about the seaside town's history and your guide will tell you about the main places of interest that you may want to visit. From Whitby, you can either continue the tour by road in the minicoach or, if you prefer, some or all of your group can spend a little less time in Whitby and take the optional 45-minute moorland steam train journey from Whitby to Goathland on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. This option is paid locally on the day at a discounted rate and there is no need to book ahead, your guide will advise you how to purchase tickets and meet you off the train at Goathland Station ("Hogsmeade" in the Harry Potter movies).
On arrival in Goathland, by whichever means you choose, you will see the Station where Hogsmeade was filmed, then explore the picture-postcard village itself to see the filming locations that were used for "Aidensfield" in the Heartbeat television series. After leaving Goathland, you will have a couple more photo stops as you learn the history behind the mysterious RAF Fylingdales Pyramid on Snod Hill and see the Hole of Horcum, before heading back towards York through the Howardian Hills with panoramic views of Castle Howard. You will arrive back in York at approximately 5.15pm but should not book onward travel too close to the arrival time just in case of traffic problems.
- Private tour just for your group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minicoach
- Driver/guide provides live commentary
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- Train fares for North Yorkshire Moors Railway option
- Entrance fees to other optional attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Some visitor attractions, including the NY Moors Railway, close between November - March. During this period, the optional train ride is not available and, if weather/road conditions are adverse, the tour may have to follow a different route/itinerary
During this full-day tour of the Yorkshire Dales you will travel aboard a private coach with a profe...
Set in the 1960’s, Heartbeat proved a hit with audiences all over the world for nearly two decades. ...
Tick off Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park and its surrounding highlights on a fu...
Discover the rugged beauty of rural north England on this 8-hour North York Moors and Whitby day tri...
This Private Day Trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire...
This private day trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire...