The Classic Tuscany wine and olive oil tour by bike
- Experience the atmosphere as you ride your bicycle through the area
- Explore the countryside and become part of the beautiful landscape
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
- Savor local gourmet products with an included tasting
Immerse your senses. Feel the cool breeze on your face. Smell the sweet scents of pure nature through vineyards and olive groves. Relax to the quiet sounds of this ancient land. Taste the exciting flavors of Tuscan wines. Discover the world of wine, riding a bike through the Tuscan countryside. A once-in-a-lifetime experience that will let you enjoy a small-group exclusive wine tour in the most nature-oriented way: riding a bike through the gentle hills of Chianti wine region.
This professionally guided wine tour and fully supported bike ride in the Tuscan countryside begins with a comfortable shuttle transportation out of the busy city center. In about 25 minutes you’ll reach the starting point for your bike ride, immersed in the Chianti wine region. Riding the bicycles, we will lead you along scenic country roads hemmed in ancient olive groves and vineyards. Tuscan hilltops and hillside villa estates are all part of the breathtaking panoramic views you will see as you ride your bike through the heart of Tuscany. Stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way. You will visit two wineries, completely different in their settings and approach: a famous winery with its spectacular cellar, producing some of the most renowned Chianti wines, and a small fascinating boutique winery.
Learn the techniques of production, aging, storing and bottling wine and olive oil. Once back at the ride starting point, you will enjoy a typical Tuscan lunch in a restaurant, immersed in nature, tasting the incredible wines of the wineries you just visited (both wineries boast international recognition and awards), and learning wine pairing.
The bike itinerary includes flat, downhill and uphill sections, to give you a complete variety of views and biking experiences. Having a van always following the group, you can decide yourself how you want to approach the biking part of this experience. If you feel fit enough, you can join it as an intermediate level bike ride, with some interesting uphill sections. If you want to join it in a more relaxed mode, you can still enjoy most of the biking itinerary (just the flat and downhill sections), relying on the van assistance for a couple of short uphill parts. An interesting booklet on wine and the Chianti territory will be your memory to bring home.
- Guided tour
- Wine tasting
- Use of equipment
- Roundtrip transportation
- Driver guide
Piazza della Repubblica, Firenze, FI, Italia (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias)
Florencetown Tours & News stand - Meeting Point
- Mileage: 10 miles round-trip (about 15 kms)
- Terrain: Mostly paved back roads with very little traffic, some white roads
- Difficulty: INTERMEDIATE (can be done in EASY MODE, mostly downhill, using the minivan support to help in the few short uphill sections)
- The tour is not permitted for children under 14.
- NOTE: itinerary may slightly vary, due to external circumstances
- This tour departs every day until October 31th
- From November 1st this tour is provided from Monday to Saturday
- Meeting Time: 9:15 AM
- Departure Time: 9:30 AM
- Tour length: about 6 Hours
El Palacio Pitti, uno de los museos más grandes de Florencia, ocupa un edificio espléndido del siglo...
"Affabulando agli Uffizi" è una visita guidata del celebre museo fiorentino studiata per i visitator...
Inspirada en los mundialmente conocidos "Tres tenores" de Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo y José ...
"Affabulando a Palazzo Pitti" è una visita guidata del celebre palazzo Pitti di Firenze studiata per...
Eroi giovani e valorosi, donzelle indifese, mostri temibili da sconfiggere: sono questi i protagonis...
Chianti es un vasto territorio entre Florencia y Siena en el corazón de la Toscana. Es una región co...