The great aurora chase Björkliden
- Experience the excitement of searching for the northern lights
- Be amazed by the amazing mountains and lakes of Björkliden
- Experienced and professional local guide
Experience the excitement of chasing for the northern lights in and around the mountains and lakes surrounding Björkliden and Abisko!
The reception of your hotel in Abisko or Björkliden is where this exciting adventure will start. Using their experience combined with local weather and aurora forecasts your professional driver will make the best possible decision about where to look for the northern lights. Traveling up to 100km over the course of the evening you will visit one of several spectacular locations with a proven track record and a very high likelihood of success. With locations on lakes and rivers, the trip will give you the chance of seeing the auroras in the sky AND reflecting in the open water during the Autumn and reflecting in the polished ice during the Winter. The team of professionals has access to several spectacular locations including the following:
The beautiful shoreline of Lake Torneträsk.
A quiet bay at the northwest end of Lake Torneträsk.
A spectacular location with sweeping views on the top of Bear Mountain near the border of Sweden and Norway.
An amazing aurora outlook in the mountains surrounding Björkliden.
A fishing village near the chalet of Torneträsk.
AND MANY MORE!!
During this adventure, your guide will talk about the auroras, the history of Abisko National Park and serve you a warm drink.
- Pick-up and drop off from your accommodation in Abisko or Björkliden
- Warm drink (non-alcoholic)
You will be picked up from the main reception of your accommodation. Please ensure you are ready to depart at least 5 minutes before the stated pick-up times.
- Since the northern lights are a natural phenomenon that cannot be guaranteed the local tour operator do not give refunds if there are no sightings during your tour
- The minimum age limit is 4 years, however, it is recommended that children joining this trip are 7 years or older
- The tour does not include any warm clothing so make sure to dress warmly
- Approximate pick-up times:
- Björkliden - Hotel Fjället - 8.00pm
- Björkliden - Gammelgården - 8.00pm
- STF Abisko Turiststation - 8.15pm
- Abisko Mountain Lodge - 8.25pm
- Abisko.net/Winterday hostel - 8.30pm
- Abisko Guesthouse - 8.35pm
You will be picked up from the arrivals hall at Kiruna Airport or at the main reception of your acco...
You will be picked up from the main reception of your accommodation in Abisko and Björkliden. Please...
You will be picked up from the main reception of your accommodation. Please ensure you are ready to ...
Take a day trip into the mountains and beyond into Norway and the beautiful fjord city of Narvik on-...
Join in on a day trip to the Sámi village of Rávttas, 45 minutes east of Abisko and experience a gli...
Imagine yourself sitting comfortably in a traditional wooden sleigh being pulled slowly but steadily...