Private tour of the Valley of the Temples and Kolymbethra in Sicily
- Explore a unique UNESCO Cultural World Heritage site in beautiful Sicily
- Get to know the history and the fascinating characters that shaped the face of Akragas
- Visit the stunning garden of the Kolymbetra and learn about its fascinating history
The Valley of the Temples is an archaeological site in Agrigento (ancient Greek Akragas), Sicily. It is one of the most outstanding examples of Greater Greece art and architecture and is one of the main attractions of Sicily as well as a national monument of Italy. The area was included in the UNESCO Heritage Site list in 1997.
Through this tour, you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities.
Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas 'the most beautiful city of mortals'.
After the Vally of the Temples, your guide will take you to visit the unmissable Garden of the Kolymbetra: a fascinating colourful place, celebrated by writers and poets from ancient times and often compared to the "garden of Eden". The Kolymbetra also represents the most illustrious example of Sicilian arboriculture, namely citrus cultivation.
- private tour
- expert tour guide
- tickets for the Valley of the Temples and the Garden of the Kolymbetra
- food & drinks
- children up to 17 years old are free of charge!
Via Panoramica Valle dei Templi, 92100 Agrigento, Sicily
Meet your guide in front of the ticket office of the Tempio di Giunone.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and take with you some water and sunscreen
- Please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected place
Every day of the week except on Sunday:
- at 10.00 am and 11.00 am, all year long
- at 3.30 pm, only from May to September
Treat yourself to a real journey into the past, into a story that will leave you breathless! The Arc...
Agrigento settles on the acropolis of the ancient Greek city. Its urban plan combines 25 centuries o...
The Valley of the Temples is an archaeological site in Agrigento (ancient Greek Akragas), Sicily. It...
Il Parco Archeologico e Paesaggistico della Valle dei Templi di Agrigento è un'area archeologica del...
This 2-hour private guided tour starts from Porta di Ponte and winds its way along the Via Atenea, t...
Through this tour, you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hi...