Visit to Ceretto Winery with Barolo tasting
- Visit an iconic Barolo winery
- Admire a cutting edge, design-focused winery
- Taste esteemed wines including Barolo
The Ceretto Winery is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an Association of the finest wineries across Italy offering exclusive wine tastings, boutique hotels, Michelin-starred restaurants & unique activities dedicated to wine lovers and a luxury clientele. TGWT Mark of Excellence is the very first Italian certification of quality distinguishing high standards in wine tourism hospitality.
The excellence of Langaroli wines is the complex result of the richness of the land and the knowledge and skill of the wine makers who give life to this unique product.
In the early 2000’s, the focus of the historic Ceretto winery shifted to center more around the quality of its land. At this point, the desire to return to more sustainable agricultural practices - above all regarding the treatment of the vineyards, now certified organic - was born. At the same time, various plans came together towards the common desire of enhancing the value of the distinctiveness of the Langhe region. First, there was Relanghe, a small confectionary shop with the ambitious dream of being the main supplier of the Piedmont Nocciola. Then, there came Terroirs, a careful selection of unique and precious wines, and, lastly, there was Chef Enrico Crippa’s bet for high gastronomy, where he received his third Michelin star in 2012 for his Ristorante Piazza Duomo, sharing a location with his trattoria La Piola.
Today, for the winery, Barolo and Barbaresco are the crown jewels of the production. Furthermore there are the newer components such as the Arneis Blangè and the decision to promote quality over quantity, even in the production of Moscato.
In addition, there is the active effort made by the winery to pair, with their own products, projects that extend from design to contemporary art. The connection is strong, including bottle labels commissioned by great designers and architecturally notable wine cellars dedicated to welcoming groups and wine tastings. Of particular note is the architecture of the Cubo di Bricco Rocche with its impressive glass walls and the Monsordo Bernardina winery with its transparent bubble suspended above the vineyards. There is also the Barolo Chapel, frescoed by Sol LeWitt and David Tremlett and many contemporary art exhibitions and permanent installations by artists such as Kiki Smith, Robert Indiana, Francesco Clemente, Anselm Kiefer, John Baldessarri and many others.
CONCEDERSI IL PIACERE DEI VINI DELLE LANGHE - Local Langhe Wines Tasting
- Recommended for anyone who is approaching the world of Ceretto wines for the first time. The tour will take you through the history of the family and the various phases of wine production. It includes a walk around the Monsordo Estate, a visit to the old cellars and a panoramic view of the vineyards. The tasting includes a selection of 3 Cerotto d.o.c. and d.o.c.g. wines. The full tour plus tasting lasts around one hour. Group visit - maximum 12 people.
LE SFUMATURE DEL NEBBIOLO - The Tastes of Nebbiolo
- Recommended for anyone who is looking to gain more in depth knowledge about the different flavors and expressions of Nebbiolo. The tour will take you through the history of the family and the various phases of wine production. It includes a walk around the Monsordo Estate, a visit to the old cellars and a panoramic view of the vineyards. You will get to know the Nebbiolo grape better by discovering its characteristics, vineyards and diverse styles, gaining a greater understanding of this unique and multifaceted grape. The tasting includes five different Ceretto wines produced from the Nebbiolo, including two representative cru wines: Barbaresco Bernadot DOCG and Barolo Brunate DOCG. The full tour plus tasting lasts around one and a half hours. Group visit - maximum 12 people.
DEGUSTAZIONE CRU DI BAROLO - Cru Barolo Tasting
- An exclusive experience recommended for wine lovers and aficionados. The tour will take you through the history of the family and the various phases of wine production with a focus on single vine/cru Barolo and Barbaresco production. It includes a walk around the Monsordo Estate, a visit to the old cellars and a panoramic view of the vineyards. This experience will allow you to gain much knowledge about Cerotto wines and vineyards. The full tour plus tasting lasts around one hour and a half and includes five Barolo d.o.c.g. and Barbaresco d.o.c.g cru wines.
- Guided visit of the winery
- Wine tasting
- Transportation (available upon request)
Località S. Cassiano, 34, 12051 Alba CN, Italy
For anyone wishing to get to know and taste a wider selection of wines or who wishes to book a private tour, we are always available to help you choose to design the perfect tour for you.
Please note: children are welcome to come inside the winery. Please be aware, however, that the winery is a workplace with many tools and instruments inside. It is therefore requested that each child holds an adult’s hand during the tour. Children under the age of 18 cannot participate in the tasting, and for the enjoyment of other customers, it is asked that parents make sure that their children speak in quiet voices. Children must always be under the watch of an adult and cannot be left alone during the tour or tasting.
Every day at 10.00am, 11.30am, 1.30pm. 3.00pm and 4.30pm
Visit the Josetta Saffirio winery and taste 4 wines (including Barolo). Come and discover the histor...
Experience an authentic truffle hunt with our trifulau (truffle hunters) and their tabui (truffle do...
Visit the Josetta Saffirio winery and taste wines of local production in combination with typical Pi...
Turn into a chef for one day! Before or after (depending on the time chosen) the guided tour of the ...
Visit the winery, discover the history of the company and learn about the production process. Then t...
What could be more exciting than enjoying the landscape of vineyards and castles among the gentle hi...