The National Museum is located in a former Italianate mansion. It's the former home of a wood sales person. It used to house the United States consulate. The building dates back to 1926, located around a large garden, in addition to housing a basement. The three-storey palace was a meeting place for the Egyptian upper-class society of Alexandria.The Alexandria National Museum contains around 1,800 artifacts that narrate the story of Alexandria and Egypt. The museum recently exhibited a sculpture which is believed to be of Alexander the Great.
Attractions & guided tours
The National Museum ticket with Egyptologist
Language: English , French , German
Availability: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours
Safety measures applied
SKIP THE LINE
Do this because
- Explore the National Museum and the 1800 archaeological pieces will narrate the story of Alexandria and Egypt
- Let the Informative Egyptologist brings you back to the beginning of Egypt's history
- You'll become so familiar with the city that it'll start to feel like home
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance ticket to the National museum
- Guided tour
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (age 2-11)
- Infants (age 0-1): free of charge
- No admission ticket needed
131 El-Shaheed Galal El-Desouky, Bab Sharqi WA Wabour Al Meyah, Qism Bab Sharqi, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Meet your guide at the entrance of the Alexandria National Museum.
What to remember
- Professional cameras are not permitted
- You will meet your guided tour with a Travco logo signboard at the entrance of museum
- Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
- Starting time at 08.00am -08.30am
Travco Group for Tourism
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.